hospital pumps

edited November 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
I'm posting this before I go to bed so sorry if I don't respond (but ty for ur time!!! Lol). How do I go about renting a hospital pump when I deliver on Friday? Will it be expensive to rent that I mind as well buy one?? Just trying to compare prices

Comments

• Just ask a nurse or a lactation consultant/nurse. It can get pricey over time but most of the time insurance will cover part of it.
  • edited November 2012
    When my daughter was born she had trouble latching and we struggled for about 9 weeks but I was determined. The hospital had a medela symphony pump, which retails close to two thousand dollars (yikes!). So when you leave the hospital they can give you a list of places (breastfeeding boutiques or otherwise) that can rent it for you for about $50/month. This is what I did for about 4 months until we decided to invest in a cheaper but still a quality pump instead of wasting money renting. I did research and decided on the medela pump in style advanced (a double electric as well). It was about $270 at target. And I have to say I LOVE it. Maybe even more than the symphony. It comes with a tote bag and a little cooler for bottles with an ice pack. We're going on 13 months straight of nursing so I don't use it much anymore but it's also awesome if you need to take a day to pump 15 minutes every 2 hours to boost your supply. Just my two cents!! Sorry so long!!
  • Oh and it has great suction which is adjustable plus it has a letdown button!
  • edited November 2012
    I did my research before I had my little one of it wag better to but or Rent and I have to say if your planning on using it more then couple months it's better to just buy one yourself. Plus u will have it for next child if u have more or can hand it when or just sell it to someone after your done :) I ended up with same one as @kjackmom and loved it.