Sucking her thumb alot...

edited November 2012 in Babies
So Rubiya's been sucking her thumb alot lately and drooling all over her chin and sometimes on the collars of her clothes. It may be her teething but I'm not quite sure. How do I get her out of that sucking her thumb habit?

Comments

• I think you should just allow her to do it. I tried for years to get my step daughter to stop and I regret it. That was her way too soothe herself and I was taking that away being more concerned about her teeth not being straight or the skin on her thumb.

I didn't think about how it soothed her and also made her feel safe or content.

My sister Did it too and she grew out... And my step daughters teeth are perfectly straight.
  • Never thought of that thank you. @YNVTish
  • With regards to your post about crying after she eats do you think she is doing this bc she is hungry. A way for her to help soothe herself. My son didn't so much suck as he chewed on his thumbs.
  • I let my son suck his thumb, he only does it when he is really tired and wants to go to sleep
  • @ExcitedForOctober That could be what it is she falls asleep not long after...
  • Levi loves his hands and chews on then like crazy and gets so slobbery, I put bibs on him so his clothes don't get soaked. I didn't want him to be a thing sucker so I gave him a nuk right away. Can take a nuk away when it's time but you can't just take a finger! Lol
  • edited November 2012
    @LeviLuv8 my 4 yr old nephew still walks around sucking on SOCKS. Yuck but my bil didn't want him to have a nuk and thats what came of it. Lol You can't take socks away either. Sorry off topic I know but couldn't resist that story.
  • @char never heard of sucking socks before! Lol
  • @char I bet he's gonna give his next kid a nuk now that, that happened. lol if he ever has other kids...
  • When my lo was sucking her thumb..about that age I would give her a pacifier instead. I was a thumb sucker when I was little and vowed to never let my kid do that! It was a horrible habit to break!