Just moved, Baby needs help with transitioning :(

edited November 2012 in Military moms
My husband just got back from deployment about 2 weeks ago. I moved home when he deployed because our baby was only 6 weeks and I didn't know anyone here at Ft Hood. My mom helped me move back about a month ago and ever since then our almost 1 year old Mason(birthday on the 16th) has been acting so weird. :( Cries when either one of us leaves the room(ESPECIALLY ME) Has been throwing tantrums, like; I put him down to play so I can cook dinner and he throws his head back and lays there crying(he sometimes hits his head so this has to stop!) He now cries and throws a fit when we change his diaper. He used to be so good, just lay there and let us change him. I can't even put a gate up to cook so he doesn't touch the hot over. He see's me clearly but cries and cries. It's hard enough trying to get into routine with Derek being home after being gone a year without Mason acting up.

How can we help him? We have done video chatting with my parents and little brother. No other routine has changed. I'm at a loss as to what I can do.

Comments

• No real suggestions except time. Video chatting sounds like a good ideal, but he just doesn't understand whats going on. All the poor baby knows is people important to him are gone.
  • edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You just need to put yourself in your child's position. He feels like he is at a strange place and not comfortable .... when we moved it took jax about 2 weeks yo getbavk to normal... kept reasureing him this was his home and mommy and daddy love him and its ok... its hard