12 month check up

edited November 2012 in Babies
Trixie had hers today. She weighs 20lbs and is 28 and a half inches tall. She is in the 40th% for both height and weight. She did amazing with the shots, she only cried for a few minutes. I asked the doc about her vomiting with cows milk and she said to try soy milk and if that seems to be going well then in a few months we can try cows milk again. Also her gum is protruding out and her tooth is coming in behind it, the doc said sometimes it'll fix itself and other times they need to have it removed, but they don't do it as little as she is, so I hope it goes down on its own, cause I don't want them to have to cut it out:-( all in all it was a great apt:-)

@mijita I tagged you for the milk portion of my thread since you have been a big help with it.

Comments

• Oh good! Thanks for updating. :)

• Most children outgrow milk intolerance as they get older, usually by age 3. I'm glad everything else looked good! The tooth should be just fine, based on my experience, they just look yucky in the meantime.
  • @mijita yea, she said if she does well with the soy milk we can try switching to does milk in a few months and see how she does with that. How does the gum fix itself? I'll have to try and take I pic of it later. But its honestly as big as a tooth. We kept thinking it was her tooth until one day we realized her tooth was behind it.
  • I hope the gum fixes its self. Im glad she did so good at her appointment. She seems to be doing great.
  • Usually the tooth will break through and the gum will heal and grow around it. :)

If I'm not mistaken, a few ladies here had a similar experience that you're describing.
  • @angel26 yes she is. I couldn't ask for a better little girl:-)
    @mijita its already broken through. It's growing in behind her gum. I didn't get a chance to take a pic today, hopefully tomorrow.
  • AJ has his 12 month check up friday. I think we are going to skip the shots bc he is sick tho. I can't remember having a nice little 20lbs baby AJ is around 26,and that six pounds makes a difference.lol.

How long would they wait to fix her gum and does it cause her any pain?
  • @char yea, I can imagine 6lbs make a difference! They wouldn't give trixie her 4 month shots because she was sick...so they may not. No, it doesn't cause her any pain. I don't know when they would..we go back in February for her 15 month check up, so I assume they will look at it then. The doctor didn't seem all that concerned so that makes me think, it'll probably correct itself before we have to cut it out.
  • I hope so cutting it out would be to painful for a baby. It's not like she has a whole lot of options when it comes to eating with a cut gum.
  • That's great! I haven't tried Scarlett on milk yet she's 11 months. Maybe I couple weeks :).. Did u give her tinny bit at first?
  • @char yea I know! They said they wouldnt do it this little so I dont know how long we would have to wait for them to do it.
    @jules yes, I started off with 2oz to her 6oz of breastmilk so she still got her 8oz bottle. Then the second time I only tried an ounce to 5oz of breastmilk. We will be doing the same with the soy milk.
  • Ya that's what I was thinking about doing. Scarlett only drinks 4 oz she full on can't drink more she either doesn't finish it or gets super full her tummy hurts and she gets sick. Soo I'll just start with 1 oz to 3 and if it goes well one day I'll do 2 oz to 2oz for few days.
  • @jules Yepp that's what I would do.