Similac Bottles

edited November 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
The nipple keeps sinking in, is this a malfunction or what? Is there anyway I can prevent it from sinking in?

Comments

• My Tommee Tippee bottles do this. I notice it tends to happen more when the milk is on the hotter side, instead of just warm.
  • I never warm the bottles up though, it's room tempature but sometimes that can become hot... I'll try the tempature thing... @1stWoodsBaby
  • I don't use those bottles although i heard of that happening and I'm pretty sure its not supposed to. Also you might want to heat it up, its way easier on their little tummys and helps if they have tummy discomfort.
  • I hate similac bottles It happen to me now i use dr brown bottles
  • If you have the cap on way to tight that'll happen!
  • edited November 2012
    Also with my tommee tippee I always make sure the hole in the nipple part faces up/at me while he eats for air flow.
  • @LeviLuv8 Thanks I'll try that!
  • Twist the bottle a little to let air in. She is just sucking to much without allowing the bottle to fill with air.
  • If she if sucking too fast and taking out so much air you could try bumping her up in nipple size too. But it could just be three cap is screwed on too tight. I work in an infant room and that'd when I notice it sinking in.
  • Thanks ladies