refusing bottles & foods

edited November 2012 in Babies
So Beatrix has been teething these few days..so she has refused to take a bottle and only wants to nurse. She also hasn't been wanting her veggies at dinner. We have tried giving her her milk in a sippy and she will take a couple gulps and then refuse to drink any more. She has a stuffy nose, which I think is why. But I am stumped on why she is refusing her veggies, she usually loves her veggies and now I can barely get a bite in, but she has no problem eating fruit. We need to switch her to a full time sippy cup, but I was waiting till we switched her to the soy milk to do that. Any tips/suggestions on how to get her to eat? Or do I have to wait it out till this stuffy nose passes?

Comments

• My dr said not to force food just keep pushing liquids. My son had a head cold for about a week.
  • Yea we haven't been pushing them...I just dont like it when she doesn't eat, esp when I have to work and knowing she won't take a bottle makes me worried. @char
  • My daughter just wants to nurse when she is teething. Her mouth might be sore.
  • @proudmommy8789 that's what I thought too, but she is eating fruit and snacks just fine and she drinks juice out of her sippy no problem. But won't drink milk out of her sippy, cause I thought maybe it was just the bottle.
  • Is it breast milk or whole milk in the cup? My daughter doesnt like regular whole milk. It has to be lactose free milk. Idk shes strange lol
  • @proudmommy8789 its just breastmilk. Cows milk makes her sick so we were in the midst of trying soy, but that is when she started refusing bottles. Today makes day 4 of refusing milk out of any cup/bottle. She ate her veggies cold last night..like straight out of the fridge cold, not just room temp. Other than that she is completely fine, so idk what it could be?
  • She just wants it straight from the tap. Cause she knows what comes out and isnt surprised
  • Well went to the doc and she has a double ear infection and a sinus infection....they gave us amoxicillan(sp).

@proudmommy8789 @char