Having problems with my 18 month old...

edited December 2012 in Sleep
I'm having problems getting her to go into her crib at night...I still put her to bed in my room then transfer her to her crib. But some nights she'll be fine, some nights she'll go into her crib but wake up in the middle of the night and won't go back in her crib, and other times she won't go in her crib at all. This is killing me because I partially co sleep with my 5 month old...any advice? This is killing what little sleep I do get.

Comments

• Start putting her to bed in her crib to start. My boys always slept in their cribs so I'm not much help, but maybe she'll do better if you don't move her from your bed to the crib. I rock Jack then lay him down when he's partially asleep. Maybe you could try that?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have tried that, she does the same thing. She just starts crying and stands up. @sands3
  • I'm sorry. I wish I could be more help
  • @homebirthadvocate that might be something to try. There's just some nights where I'm the only one home so it's hard. On those nights I'll put her to sleep and leave her in my bed till my husband comes home and he'll move her. This all started a few months back when I tried putting her in her crib when she was only half asleep
  • I think @HomeBirthAdvocate way sounds good. I hate cry it out and would never advise it. I really hope you can find something that works for you because I know how stressful it can be
  • I might try it tonight. All I know is something needs to change. @homebirthadvocate
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate I really love ur way! Everyone always tells me to let her cry it out and i tell them I can't do that. Our night time routine is me rocking her to sleep in my arms while singing to her then laying her down in her crib til she wakes up at night then she refuses to lay down in her crib again so I get her out and she lays with me and I'm back to rocking and singing and I have to hold her all night too. She just turned 1 so maybe when she gets bigger I can get a toddler bed and try your way but for now I'm just going to keep it the same cuz I can not do the cio method
  • I have done the same as homebirthadvocate. I still have to sit with him until he falls asleep (doing this for 2 month now lol). The time has gotten much shorter for him to fall asleep but it does work. Good luck!