Fighting her sleep, How do I get her to sleep without a fight?

edited December 2012 in Babies
The question says it all..

Comments

• Makenzie did this for a week or so. She would just cry when i rocked her or put her in her crib to go to sleep. When she did this I would just let her stay up and play until she was really tired. Normally she would go to sleep at about 7-730 and when she started doing that she would get really tired about 8-830. Then I would rock her and she would just pass out no fight at all. She has been fine ever since. maybe she just isn't "tired enough"?
  • How old is she?
  • @Mallory27 Could be.

@angie87 She's 4months and 8days old
  • Oh she is still pretty little Makenzie did this around 9 months. Maybe she has gas?
  • Sounds like she isn't ready for bed.
  • @Ashley_smashley She gives me signs like she is like rubbing her eyes and yawning but at the same she cries sooo much like she's fighting I don't get it. I tried to see if it's other things and it usually isn't. It drives me crazy..
  • Jai is almost 3 months. Doing the same thing. Or when she sleeps its just little 20 minute naps
  • Maybe she's overly tired by this time. When Keegan gets too tired she fights her sleep. Sounds weird, I know.
  • Linna did that around 3-6 months if one of us was not in there sleeping to she would not stay asleep, now she 18 months and is on her dad sleep schedule which drives me butts, cause he works nights so she will wake up with me around 10 then will fight her sleep till late at night if we r home but as soon as she is in the car she is out til we r out of the car again then she is up till dad gets home at 2am So I suck it up and try my hardest to make her sleep with me but she fights it
  • My daughter does that almost everyday..I used to fight my sleep because I felt like I was missing something and I was just guessing she got that from me. It does suck tho. I just usually let her play or jump around until she gets tired again then she falls asleep.
  • It could be just a faze my son also did that around that age. I also figure out that if he was over tired he would fight me also. All I could do is he patient and I just keep rocking him and I didn't give in. Also she might not be tried yet. About 1 week ago I switched from giving my son 2 naps to 1. He started fighting me on sleeping again and would take an hour to go to bed and now he knocks out with in 10-15 min but he's also 14 months
  • Oh I hope it's a faze. Some days it's not so bad but other days it drives me crazy. Which is most days... [-( @angie87
  • when allyssa is like that i make her some warm tea like hot water steap then fill the rest with cold water she loves tea and it makes her sleepy :) they make a sleepytime or bedtime tea for kids or you can use sweet dreams tea :) chamomile is good for babys