ppd

edited December 2012 in Postpartum Depression
I've been overwhelmed with emotions lately & quite frankly it's getting on my nerves ... I've never been a emotional person and two babies later here I am...I have 0 help...I am single...no friends...no life outside my kids...raising them alone is hard work no break and on top of that I have no job...I have absolutely no clue what to do with my life...everything I went to school for no longer interest me/no jobs in the field bc people who get into that position never leave...so I'm back at square one I don't really wanna go to the doctor and tell them I'm depressed because I'm embarrassed to even be depressed and I don't wanna take medication for it either so I don't know what to do but I never thought in a million years I would ever get PPD and here I am with random tears this is frustrating and I feel like I don't even have a right to even be depressed ... None of this was in my plans in life and now I don't know what to do...but I have until January to figure it out because ill be damned to keep feeling like this longer than that...and my newborn won't get the same opportunity my son did when I stayed at home with him for the first year and I hope she won't turn out differently because of it but I have to find some work to make sure they never want for anything this sucks and idk how y'all do it

Comments

• I was a single mom to 3 kids for almost 5 years before I married my current husband....it was hard! To be honest the only thing that held me together was God & my church. I cried & prayed a lot, I went to church as much as I could. I focused on getting through one day at a time & doing one thing at a time. It can be overwhelming to think about all that needs done....BUT you can do the next thing...whatever that is. Just focus on getting that one thing done whether it's changing a diaper, fixing dinner or going to a job interview. I can tell you are a fighter & you have a good attitude so you will get through this! Payers & love!
  • Thank you !!! I know I can do it because I watched my mom do it but I'm not too confident that I can really pull it off I hope this passes soon
  • I had ppd and the best thing for me was talking about it. I really didn't want to go on anti depressants again (was on and off them since I was sixteen) but I talked about it. It was really hard to admit at first, but I started with my boyfriend, then my Dr, then my mom and dad. Just having it out in the open made me feel a lot better. (Actually I started here, but someone made a comment that I should give up my daughter, and it hurt me so bad and set me back quite a ways, unfortunately) but. Talk our ears off. Tell us what you're feeling. I won't judge you, I'll listen. You can make it through this and be okay! Hang in there mama
  • Its overwhemling and confusing to be a mom. And doing it alone has got to be tough. My mom had ppd and it was a lot of crying and even now I will break down in tears for no reason. If you need a friend I will help you out! Feel free to text ne or anything 5152091315
  • I've always bottle up my feelings because I never wanted to be judged for them so I never tell anyone how I feel and after 23 years of doing that I'm ready to explode and this situation is helping any I'm so tired of being alone and I don't even understand why I am alone and on top of that I just want a job sitting in the house isn't helping my depression any
  • Is there a way for you to work at all? You just had a baby but I took 10 hrs a week at subway to get out of the house... It helped!!
  • I can work I just have had no luck with finding a job and I've been looking for a job since forever but i still dont have one and I filled out some apps the other day
  • i know how u feel! since havin my second son on the 23rd nov iv been a wreck!.i on the other hand have a partner! fat lot of good he is tho! i have a great family and good friends and also a job to go back to when ever i want! most of all i have two lovely sons! but i feel awful! i cry most days about random stuff! baby isnt great at sleeping and im super tired! at the minute i take care of my two sons alone during the day and then pretty much do all the nighttime care to my baby as my othet half says hes tired and has to work! im starting to hate him because he obviously thinks that raising two babies under 18 months old is easy!
    i dunno if its ppd or just depression but it sure aint nice!
  • Not sure where you live but where I do any telemarketing place hires on the spot or the places that take phone orders
  • No they don't hire on the spot I just applied to one that my mom use to work at that she just resigned from
  • Damn :( where do you live?
  • I wanna help you becuase i have so been there! Its just awful and lonely and almost confined
  • Walmarts are always hiring
  • I have lived here my whole life and I really wanna leave here but my family is here but it's no real job opportunities here and I only have one friend but she has no kids so its hard to relate or talk I hate Virginia lol
  • Well I don't think u need to go on medication. My aunt through she should do it and it ruined her. I think the fact that u know u need plan and now u know it's important to just talk things out just keep focusing on that. And u will be ok. Everyone gets overwhelmed and stressed, and emotional and lonely especially because of Christmas around the corner. Just stay strong u well get hang of it all just need time. And were all here if u just need to talk. You're doing great!
  • Well I got a interview at this bookstore at this community college it's a temporary position but at least it's something and I think I might go to school for human services
  • edited December 2012
    that's great news! I hope u get it :)
  • @ebbry89 ... Hang in there! I'm 39 with 4 kids and I ..STILL get this way.

Feeling like this shows that your evolving in your life and trying to evaluate your self. This is good! Take the time and create a new master plan. Your life has evolved and your old plan isn't working.
  • Thank you !! I just wanna be able to provide for my kids I really hope this is all just temporary