name brand vs. store brand formula

edited December 2012 in Formula Feeding
Does anyone use store brand formula? I compared the ingredients and the difference is so small, but our pediatrician says he would prefer that my son stays on the name brand, just because. Like, that's seriously his reason for not wanting me to switch. So I was wondering if anyone uses store brand and how their doctor feels about it..

Comments

• I've heard target is the best store brand. We,used name brand because of wic
  • edited December 2012
    I used similac for a while and then switched to Target brand and I had no problems with it. And my daughters doctor told us that formula is formula so it didn't matter if it was name brand or not.
  • Store brand is JUST as good. It has to be. There is a law about it. Use it, save money! We used BJ's and SAMs club brand w our youngest. No problems ever.
  • I used target brand. No problems here!
  • Thanks y'all. We'll be switching after this can is gone. Wal-Mart brand is literally half the price of the name brand that we use. And there's more in the can..
  • Does anyone know if target has one the has added rice starch?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was curious about that too thanks for bringing it up... @Lucyloo288
  • My daughter used similac advance and we used the walmart brand once and it made her really constipated
  • I use Costco brand and LOVE it!
  • I used named brand for a year and since she's still kinda on it at 14months we've been using store brand. Jewel, walgreens, walmart, no issues
  • I used Costco brand too. Definitely the cheapest option by far!!
  • We switched from name brand to Wal-Mart at about 11 months when we hit a rough spot on $$. No problems here.:)
  • Has anyone started at a young age with the store brand? My son is 3 1/2 months and he's the one I'm planning to switch..
  • We used kroger brand and it was just fine
  • I get Sam's club brand with both my kids. No problem with either one of them
  • We use store brand right way w our 2 youngest and we never had a problem.
  • The lady at wic told me the store brands are even made at the same facilities as name brand & if I ran out before the end of the month it was no problem to buy the cheaper one & switch back & forth. So I've been doing that every month since my lo was about 3 months old & he had no problems.
  • I was told by a lady at Costco that Similac makes the Costco brand
  • I know its been a while since I asked this, but I talked to my doctor about it again.. he said the reason they prefer name brand is because if they were going to make any changes to the formula, the name brands would be first to make them. ButI switched my son and haven't had any problems.. actually, he spits up LESS on the store brand thats like similac advanced than he did on the spit up formula. Just thought I'd share :)
  • We started out with Enfamil and then after about 2 weeks my daughter started to hate it. She wouldn’t drink as much. Switched to target brand and she NEVER looked back! Lol It also smells so much better just an added plus!
  • we used the parents choice for the last month before we switched her to milk bc i had to stop breast feeding she liked it