1 year olds?

edited December 2012 in Babies
How much independent playtime, how much sleep, and how much TV time does your 1 year old get?

Comments

• Ollie is 15 months he plays independently for most the day. I jump in and play with him off an on thru out. He naps for anywhere from 1-3 hrs a day( just one nap tho) and sleeps for 12hrs at night. Tv time...maybe an hour a day...split up throughout.
  • Ours is 15 months and i can say pretty much the same as ashley_smashley
  • Ok thanks Gray goes to sleep from 730_8 pm then wakes for a bottle at about 7 am but goes back to sleep until about 9. He naps 1_3 hours during the day as well. playtime sounds the same as you. I'm 9 nine months pg and feeling guilty that he might be getting too much alone time. I do try to sit and play or read books as much as I can :) but TV he gets like 1&1/2 to 2 hours a day @ashley_smashley
  • About the same here too except more sibling time than independent time.
  • About the same as everyone else. I play with him quite a bit and after 3pm, he has his big brother to play with.
  • Scarlett slept 12 hrs at night then takes two naps during the day about 2 1/2 or 3 hrs in total. She's pretty independent likes to play on her own although I still join her throughout the day. And her baby einstines are usually on while she plays she doesn't really pay much attention though.
  • :O Wait, what? Your 1 year olds play indpendently for a good part of the day?! I can't seem to get away from my 1 year old, even to cook a quick dinner. She might have up to 15 minutes of independent play....maybe? I keep thinking it will get easier the older she gets, but nope. Wow. Dang.

So do your 1 year olds still cry a lot and fuss a lot? I never thought at the age of 1, she would still cry this much. Maybe it's just her, lol?!!
  • Alanah plays most of the day by herself and when she wants me to play she lets me know lol. She sleeps about 3 hours at nap time and she really doesnt watch tv i do however keep it on all day and we watch disney movies all day even if we arent watching it i like having it as a backround noise. She really only pays attetion to the movie if she really likes the song. She will dance and when the song is over she goes back to playing. She loves going on our walk but it has been to cold latley to go so she is a bit wound up this week
  • @baileygoose Oh I hope my daughter doesn't stay like this until that age. I want my freedom too. :-(
  • @baileygoose some days he wants to play with me more than others. Maybe your just a super awesome play friend and we suck at it?! lol Ollie only really fusses when he is sleepy or hungry. I have my aces in the hole for when I really need to get something done and he really wants my attention. I will sit down and play for a few minutes then I will put on either Nemo or Lion King or Gnomeo and Juliet. Those are his favorites and will sit thru the whole thing! And TADAAA I can cook dinner! lol

@mylove2 freedom goes out the window when you have children...until they turn 18...and even then its iffy!
  • Your telling me your babies sleep 12 hours a night. Wtf mine doesn't sleep. She wakes up every two hours, she's 15 months:'( I'm upset right now.
  • Im with @baileygoose - Evie (13 months) will NOT sit & play by herself. I cant cook or do anything unless somebody else is watching her, or i put her in her stroller with me in the kitchen.
    And yes, she still fusses & cries.Lately shes developed a screech that she thinks is amusing. Pisses me off no end.
  • @firsttimemom Jax wakes up every four but just wants reassuring and goes back to sleep
  • Makenzie is in daycare and she is in the same classroom as me with 3 other kiddos. She plays with them but on weekends she plays alone and doens't mind it. She takes a 2 hr nap and sleeps from 830pm-730am everyday and she gets to watch tv when we get home from daycare for about an hr
  • my son well b 14 months he plays n he's area by him self. the only time he crys when hes hungry. ill jump n and play with him. but i also feel. guilty cause he mostly plays by him self. which he dnt mind at all. he has he's own TV so its on all day. he naps 1-2 hrs he sleeps threw the whole night he'll have boobie threw the night
  • dillon plays a lot by himself during the day. he'll bring me a book to read and we'll read. i will play with him occasionally, but i think it's important for him to know how to play by himself since he's an only child right now i don't want him to always need someone. he goes to daycare 2x/week and he loves the kids and is great with playing with them, too. it's cute to watch the little things he discovers and his eyes light up! he naps 1 time about 3 hrs. he does not sleep more than 9-9.5 hrs at night, very rarely has he slept more than that, don't know if that will ever change lol his favorite movie is "Hop" so we literally have that playing all day...every day...help me....lol it's usually just background noise for him, he doesn't really watch it. he also likes bubble guppies (who knew til today?! lol) and actually tries to sing the theme song haha so he will sit for that which is 30ish mins...maybe his sitter plays that on tv when he's there? idk. lol
  • Tessa is very independent and plays on her own and explores the house most of the day. But we play together a lot too. She usually naps 1-2.5 hours in the afternoon and sleeps from 8pm-7:30am. Sometimes she sleeps in til 9 and it's glorious lol.
  • Kynzi don't watch TV tell night time when me and daddy do but we watch Netflix because we don't have tv yet
  • It's important to let your babies have independent play time from the beginning so they don't have to be entertained all the time. Set your baby by the window for a while or in a play pen alone for 15 minutes a few times a day as soon as you bring them home from the hospital! Lol It will save you tons of frustration later & help them too. :)
  • @ashley_smashley Unfortunately I got to get used to it. :-(
  • @wilsomom I wish I would've known about that when Rubiya was born.
  • A lot can be personality though, @mylove2 ...maybe she just is real social. :)
  • Apparently @Wilsomom I can't wait until she speaks at least i'll understand what she wants..
  • Keegan naps for 90 mins. She sleeps 11-12 hours at night. She will play alone all throughout the day, but she has little brother here that she interacts and plays with too. Also I sit in the floor and do a lot with her too. I leave the TV on usually all day, but she never sits and watches it. She glances at it or will dance if music is on, but never just watches.
  • A lot of the time Keegan climbs in her brother's bouncy seat with her sippy of water and a book and will "read" her book for 10-15 mins at a time. She loves books. Also she'll independently play in the bathtub for 30 mins.