Is it a problem?

edited December 2012 in Crawling
Do you think its a problem that a 1 yr old isn't crawling yet? A friend of mines daughter just turned 1 and she isn't crawling yet. Her daughter also just learned to use her fingers to pick up food and put it in her mouth this week and didn't sit up on her own until she was 9 months old. Aren't some of those milestones kind of late?

Comments

• they are late... did her daughter break an arm or a leg when she was little? my buddies son is late on alot of milestones because he had broke his arm
  • no nothing broken. Im wondering if its because the baby spent a lot of time in the bounce seat instead of on the floor or in other things....
  • I know some babies skip crawling and just walk but her child isn't even pulling up on her own. She will stand while holding onto something but you have to do it for her.
  • Have u asked her doctor. I know every baby learns differently and at different times but I'm not sure if a doctor would think that's late or not.
  • Idk if she has asked her doc or not. I feel bad saying anything. She isnt worried at all.
  • I definitely think that's not normal. :(
  • I definitely think that's not normal. :(
  • My sons doctor told me that if.he wasn't crawling by 10mo she wanted to send him to physical therapy so I can just imagine a year.
  • idk how to tell her that she needs a new doctor and her kiddo prob needs some extra help to work on that
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.