Single digits and getting nervous....

edited December 2012 in Giving birth
I have nine weeks left! But I'm so anxious.... when I gave birth to my son I had HELPP syndrome and they induced labor. They also had to give me an IV of magnisium which prevented me from holding my son or seeing straight after he was born. When they gave me my epidural I passed out and my bp dropped to 56/30 and they gave me 5 shots of aphederine (sp?) To get it back up... my husband thought he was going to lose me. I rememeber nurses that weren't Eben scheduled that day to come in and look at my chart! After he was born my hemoglobin dropped to 7 and I was.passing huge clots. Almost had to have a blood transfusion.but they just kept me in the hospital for 5 days.... I am so scared of doing this again!

Comments

• any advice to calm down? i feel like im getting an ulcer :/
  • edited December 2012
    My BP dropped wit my first to idk how low my hubby just sed the bottom number was 20 so wit my 2nd an 3rd I was petrified but they gave me tons of iv fluids before the epideral an it didn't do it but the first time I was at a diff hospital an they didn't give me a lot of fluids first. Just keep reminding them that happened the last time thats wat I did cuz I was so scared make sure they give u lots of iv fluid before doin it I'm sure ull be fine :)
  • @Mrz_Jackson ... thank you I never heard of them giving you fluids before hand
  • O yea, they didn't wit my first but wit my 2nd an 3rd at a different hospital they made me take a whole bag before giving me the epideral. Wit my 3rd after the epideral I started feeling nauseated I got scared an told the nurse an she gave me more fluids an it went rite away
  • I kept telling them wen I got pregnant that I was so scared of that an they sed no ull be fine here we make u take lots of iv fluids before we will give the epideral . It took a hour to get all the fluids then they called them in to give me the epi.
  • O an they told me that's more then likely y it happened the first time is becuz they didn't give me any fluids before doin it
  • I had fluid before the epi as well but they were doing it just to keep me hydrated in general since u can't have anything once admired just in case of c section. Plus they want fluid if u have a section. Soo I don't know why u didn't very weird I thought that was like the first thing any nurse does is the iv
  • im in the hospital right now... was throwing up blood this morning... yuck... think its just an ulcer