weaning

My daughter is 15 months and still breastfeeds in the morning and before bed. I'm ready to stop breastfeeding. Maybe its selfish but I want my body back and plus she has a lot of food allergies and I want to be able to eat eggs,milk and peanuts again! Any tips on how to stop I have about 2 weeks until my new semester of nursing school starts and I would like to be done by then.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate should I try offering her the cup before bed? Her nighttime routine is bath,book,boob,bed. She doesn't nurse to sleep though but I know if I just try and put her to bed without nursing she is going to lose it and I don't do CIO.
  • You can give her a cup with just water before bed. That way she still gets toe comfort of a sippy but without the sugars of milk. Even breast milk has sugar in it.
  • I just weaned my 12mo old. Easier than I thought. Where I would nurse id just offer a sippy of warm milk. He took to it very well. He still pulls at my shirt to nurse tho and I just ignore the behavior or distract him. I miss nursing, but really want to ttc again.