birth control options

I'm not due till May but am looking at what my options will be so I can do some research. I plan on breastfeeding this baby, I stopped breastfeeding with my daughter before I started my birth control so then it didn't matter. I'm not sure about having something put inside me, and we aren't sure yet if we want more so getting my tubes tide isn't an option. I CAN NOT get pregnant after this baby it just isn't an option for our family for at least a couple years.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate what is paragaurd? I was on the mini pill after my daughter and had no patients at all. I would get to annoyed and frustrated by the littlest things.
  • edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have the paragard an love it so far, i love not having any harmonal side effects I couldn't handle them lol
  • I also have the copper Iud, and like it thus far. I really have noticed my moods stabilizing since getting off the hormones.
  • What about the bar in your arm?
    I want to get that one.
  • edited January 2013
    @natashalynn @mrz_jackson I think that's what I'm leaning towards. I have another drs. Appointment coming up so ill discuss more with my ob then. Did either of you have issues with your insurance covering it?,
  • I'm in Canada, so it cost me $60 for the actual Iud, and govt covers the rest. But I hope it works for you. They warn you that your periods may get heavier, but not for me!
  • edited January 2013
    I only had a 25$ copay with mine. My periods are a lil heavier an a few days longer but its worth it an it didn't hurt at all getn put in just a few cramps. The only downside is my hubby can feel it during sex
  • Periods with the copper iud (paragard) are notorious for being extremely heavy and painful. With the mirena (hormonal iud), it usually reduces cramps and flow.

Hba is correct and almost all hormonal bc can affect your supply.