Y WON'T HE EAT NORMAL FOOD

edited January 2013 in Babies
HE WON'T TRY NEW FOOD HE JUST PLAYS WITH IT. HE'LL ONLY EAT PUFFS, PIZZA,BREAD,FRENCH FRIES & SOUP. WHATS GOING ON IM TRYING TO FEED HIM NEW THINGS BUT NOTHING IS WORKING HES 14MONTHS HELP SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Comments

• Madison went through that phase, it lasted about 3 weeks and I spent tons of money on food trying to get her to eat anything but Mac n cheese, it wasn't happening, within the last week she's been eating mostly everything in front of her, it'll pass :)
  • My son did that check his gums. He had jaw teeth coming in. We weny back to baby food
  • My son is 14 months old and we are seeing a speech therapist for eating therapy. My son will only eat stage 2 foods or things that dissolve easily (puffs, crackers ect). He has an oral aversion and completely resist any foods w consistency. He's very smart and knows when I'm trying something new and he will just start shaking his head no and covers his mouth with his arms. It is VERY stressful but now that I know there is a problem I'm more patient. I'm so glad I pushed this subject at the dr office or it could of been more months before we got help!
  • @Kimberly4411 I hope its a phase and I also waste money on foods its like I make him this nice dinner with different options once I put it n front of him he looks at it he knows every things new and throws it LOL
    @char he's mouth looks good hoping its a phase
    @crystaldawn0830 I'm gonna bring it up to he's Dr. on Tuesday I'm hoping its a phase
  • I have a 17 month old who won't eat anything other than stage 2 baby food. Anything else he gags himself. We are going back to feeding therapy next month. It is so stressful! Good luck.
  • @Jaxmommy81011 wow that's crazy
  • Did he ever eat other foods or has he always been very picky?
  • @crystaldawn0830 always been picky I think he's so use to the other foods and now he's bigger i brought these new foods he never seen so he just exploring
  • Well exploring is good!! Let him play with it and present it in different form ( sliced, cubed, mushed). This is what our therapist told us. Make the feeding as fun as possibly and once it's not fun anymore, stop!
    It never hurts to get an evaluation just to make sure his oral motor skills are fine. I know with my son he has a little difficulty chewing and he more or less waits for thing to soften in his mouth before swallowing it. Since starting to try new foods his oral aversion has gotten pretty sever. I was at my breaking point so we got help. Still stressed out but so glad to be getting help. Feel bad now bc I wish I would have done it sooner for my sons sake!

Good luck and trust ur instinct! :)