are people being.......

edited January 2013 in Current Events
I just saw this one picture on fb that some guy receive a draft card. Is it possible that ppl are being drafted? Im like tripen lol cause I can't see anything on Google about it or on fox. So idk if the s.o.b just got a draft
Letter cause he turned 18 but idk?
Any thoughs?

Comments

• what does draft mean
  • Like drafted to war. @roxy sorry I forget the army.
  • oh I see if u get drafted do u have to go or is it optional
  • I think you have to go. Cause if u dnt u go to jail. N get kicked out of the u.s.a. @roxy but the age limit
    Is 25 I think. Idk
  • wow that's sad
  • Right!? N im kind of freaking cauwe my hubby is 24 so im over thinking it u know lol @roxy
  • yea I would worry too but haven't heard nothing just pray I wouldn't want them to take my hunny either
  • no they arent drafting..they are actually downsizing
  • Oh ok thank you @armywife5 !!
    Im guessing he had no idea what he was talking about smh!
  • 35 age I think
  • When a male turns 18 they are required by law to register in the selective service system. It is used in case a draft is needed. But there is not a draft currently happening and doesn't look to have one in the near future.
  • They got rid of the draft after vietinam. I'm not sure if it is requried anymore to sign up vbecause iv have know many people that never signed up for the service and are still here and not siting in jail. My brother never signed up and he never got a letter. If you are already in the service they can send you were ever they like
  • From what I know u have the option to sign the paper to be willing to draft just in case. But we're not drafting right now it was on the news last week Obama explaining the plan on bringing more home.
  • Probably just the notification to sign up for the possibility of a draft.
  • You have to register wiyh selective services. Men don't get financial aid or anything like that wo it.
  • Does the one son law still apply to drafting? I would go cRaZy if my only son was drafted... And he's my favorite so too ;-)
  • It could be that he didn't register like he was supposed too, so he got a letter to remind him to do it. Or he may be in the army or something and it was just a letter talking about possible drafts.
    But they're not taking anyone right now. I have a friend that had served 6 years and he wanted to sign again but only if he was sent to Afghanistan again and he had to fight so much just to be able to get a contract that would send him out of the country because they don't want to send anyone anymore.
    I think your hubby is fine. Even if we were at war, the draft would be the very last resource. They are willing to send everyone they have before they have to start drafting people. Remember, every branch has the reserves as well.
  • Im sure it would be all over the news if there was a draft. No worries!
  • Yea I know just ehh u know lol @mallory

@perly very true girl! Thank you its just the dude had put that picture and n made my mind unease u know. Tommy told I over think thing a lot lol. I guess he has point huh. Lol

I know @YNVTish to think that he could leave n then my first born is a boy so they won't think twice. It like I said made me over think it....its cause they started to post up comments about us going to war n everything.

True! But like always they like to over exaggerate on fb lol @Máthair

@jules I know thats why when tom told me I was like what!?! I just saw the exact opposite lol!

Oh wow really?! @Aubreysmommy I didn't know I though that they had to sign up by law. My husband said that he signed up cause his skol counselor told him he can receive fanatical aid. Like for skol n stuff.

@lilbit01_209
    Yea well I have know that to. But @aubreysmommy said u don't. Is it different by state?

@char really 35 ugh crap I thought it was till 25?
  • Weird for sure!