need answers fast!

edited January 2013 in Babies
How do you mama's take and warm your toddlers milk with you when you leave the house? With formula it was easy I'd just get a thermos of hot water then a cold water bottle and mix them together in the bottle with the powder. But now she's on 2% cows milk and I'm clueless on how to warm it.. any ideas??

Comments

• Depends where we're going. Of a microwave is available i just stick it in for ten seconds. Otherwise she drinks it cold
  • serve it cold..
  • edited January 2013
    But its cold outside :/ i don't want her getting a brain freeze lol. @joshneviesmum & @nameless
  • I've never warmed it?
  • I do not warm my LO's milk, its just fine like that.
  • Nope don't warm it..he gets it straight from the fridge in a cup!
  • I've never give my lo warm milk or formula I only used to warm up her breastmilk since I had it stored in the freezer.
  • I dont warm my sons either have once or twice and he likes it better cold.
  • I understand milk can be served cold or warm but she don't want it cold. I'm asking how i can serve her warm milk when I'm out.. Thank you all for replying but I've only found one answer helpful.
  • Microwaving it I think would be the only way to warm it if your out.
  • They sell warmers that plug into the car where you would normally plug your car charger in, but I believe they only can fit a bottle not a cup. I'm not sure if your daughter is still on a bottle or not. I'm pretty sure I've seen them sold at target and toys r us.
  • I have a warmer for the car that is adjustable in size for cups or bottles. Got it at walmart for 15 or 20 bucks. Munchkin brand
  • I warm up my lo's milk too. If we are out I usually bring a thermos with really hot water and I put the bottle in there until it gets just a bit warm. :)
  • They sell small thermal pouches at babies r us that can keep a bottle warm for several hours.
  • you said any ideas and I suggested serve it cold..
    you can always get a bottle warmer you plug into the car..not sure if the are safe anymore..
  • Thank you everyone for your replies.. the bottle warner is a great idea and also putting the bottle in the thermos thank you!! :)
  • Those car bottle warmers SUCK! I tried a few different ones when Ollie was a newbie..never found one that worked well. Good luck with that..

Ps I don't know how safe it is to give your child milk that has been warm for extended periods...
  • I had a travel bottle warmer, a small cup could probably fit too. You boil it after each use. Really convenient
  • edited January 2013
    @ashley_smashley oh yeah i definitely know that. I'd warm her milk when she's ready for it than toss it after an hour or so. Ill look for one of those car warmer things or just do what Juliansmommy said it worked really good yesterday. :)
  • I use a bottle warmer. But the kind u plug into the wall. Its awesome. Works perfect every time. Or u could warm it up, wrap it in a towel and put it in like a cooler bag (not cool tho) to keep it warm for a bit. Or warm up one of those rice thermal bag things n wrap it with that n put it in a bbag
  • If you get milk in those single serve pantry packs that look like juice boxes, it will at least be room temperature rather than fridge cold when you take it with you.
  • Thanks guys really great ideas :)