Paragard

I have decided to get Paragard. Does anyone have any experience with it? Did it hurt getting it? did it take long to adjust to no hormones? I have been on the pill for 12 years except for when I was pregnant.

Comments

• Is the paragard the hormonal one or not? I had the non hormone one and had nothing but issues. I also believe it implanted in my uterus and caused my heart shaped uterus!
  • Yes it is the non hormone one. That's awful!
  • I have it I love it so far except my hubby can't feel it during sex. Its didn't hurt me wen getn put in it was jus a couple cramps. I just had it check a month ago an it was still in perfect place but its been great so far
  • That's good to hear. I am terrible about remembering to take the pill and do not want another baby right now. An iud seems like a good bc.
  • I regret getting mine. I had the issue of gaining/losing weight which is not good for a person with it.
  • Yea i so do not want another rite now either I hope it doesn't cause any problems I was scared to death to get it at first but I can't handle being on harmones lol. I read the entire pamphlet like 5 times before getting then discussed it with my dr lol
  • Omg! Me too! I kept reading the packet and made an appointment last year then canceled my appointment. Now I'm back to wanting it. I am over the hormones. I don't feel like myself.
  • Lol I had an appt to get it an a appt for sumthn else the same day an I had started my period so I was like o yes I don't have to get it today then they called me back an asked if I was on my period I sed yes they sed o good it will be easier to do an less painful I was like wat ! I have to get it still I thought I was gonna get outa there witout it lol
  • I had it for almost 5 years and loved it!!!! I had no issues or problems with it untill it just feel out, I was pregnant. Only 4 weeks but it resulted in Mc and then I got a new one put in. Got pregnant again, we now have beautiful 9 month old.
  • I have had it for about 4 months and I haven't had any problems. It didn't hurt getting it put in just a little cramps after.
  • edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Insurance finally came back and approved my request! Only a $30.00 copay :) now to get my appointment set.