walking weird

edited January 2013 in Babies "First's"

Does her right leg look funny to you when she tries to talk while i hold her hand?

Comments

• I can't see the pic :(
  • oh its a link for a video
  • I see no link either. Maybe cuz im on my phone...
  • hmm idk i see the video and watched it but im on my laptop
  • edited January 2013
    Yea. It must just be my phone. I hope someone on a computer can watch it and help you out
  • I can't see it either but I'm on my phone.
  • Bummer. Hopfully someone on a computer will watch it lol
  • Cant see it either
  • I just tried that is not workibg either after it loads there's nothing there
  • Her right leg looks a little more wobbly than the left. To me, she just looks like she's not steady
  • Yes it worked. however I think she's not ready all I wouldn't force it because that can do damage.
  • I don't force it. But the only way to get her to take a step is to lean her forward. She does the same thing when she is holding onto her walker or in a walker. She is 14 months and is hardly trying.

How do they learn to walk if you don't help them?
  • They just kinda learn its one of those let it happen things
  • She crawls good so she is moving the hip it seems and weight bearing on the knee I would give it more time
  • I just noticed after Scarlett was using things around her a lot then we started to play with her and she would walk from one person to another just I would just reach my hands out. But she was walking at 9 months on her own so that's kinda early. Every baby is different she's just not excited about it yet she's ok with what she does. I wouldn't over worry about but u can ask at her 15 month check up .
  • Because Makenzie has cancer and has had so much anesthestic its very important for her to meet milestones. Her doc said that he would like her to be walking by 15 months. Both he and her cancer doctor think the way that she stands is funny (because she won't put weight on both feet at the same time and if she does its for less then a minute.) She has been pulling herself up since before she would crawl and not long after she crawled she would walk along things but its very slow and looks very uncomfortable for her. I know all children are different but she is 14 months and isn't trying to walk at all to me that just seems like a problem.
  • It does kind of look like its uncomfortable for her. We're they ever able to get her into see the orthopedic ped at all? They will probably be the biggest help on finding out if anything is wrong.
  • Maybe they can have scan to make sure everything is growing property and all her bones look good if they are worried about it. I hope she's ok though :)
  • she has had an mri on her spin and an xray of her hips found nothing. she saw the orthopedic doc he looked at her for like 2 minutes laid her down moved legs and that was it said shes fine come back at 15 months if shes no walking... he didnt even look at her walk or stand...
  • Did she lose depth perception from the cancer? It looks like she's uncomfortable with perception to me, like she's unsure of distance. Do you notice that she misses objects or is clumsy when reaching and picking things up?
  • Nope her sight is still good and as fast as I know the depth perception is good as well. She isn't clumsy at all really and hasn't show any signs of loss of depth perception