bollegged does anyone have this problem

edited February 2013 in Ages & Stages
My daughter is 1 1/2 and it seems like she has it mild would this go away? They say she can out grow it by 4 yrs old is this true? Does anyone have this problem

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I think most kids grow out of it but there's always tiny bit left but just looks like they standing funny. However my daughter doesn't have it so I don't know for sure since I've not actually done major research but think of it this way it does happen to babies and how many bigger kids do you see that have it. So it must be something that goes away.
  • Her legs seem to have little bolleg I dont no if im spelling it right?
  • I think ur baby is still young and might grow out of it. I wonder what causes this I know people say if carry them around ur hip or on ur shoulders or stand them up when there to young or try to make them walk when there too small wonder if these things r true
  • I just started school and we are learning about vitamins...vitamin d lack of it can cause it. I found this info. My son was a little bowlegged but once he was walking for about 3 months his legs straightenedhttp://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site6. My Dr said they would straighten once he walked and sure enough they did. 55/mainpageS655P1.html
  • I think it's caused from growing in the fetal position so long before walking. Once they walk for a few years it straightens out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2013
    I was really bowlegged when i was a baby. My mom had to get special shoes for me recommended by my doctor, they looked like walking shoes and had a bar from one shoe to the other. My mom would spend hours massaging my legs and straightening them out, because it was getting so bad it was going up to my hips. Thank god she done all that because i don't have any problems now. My daughter is a bit bowlegged but looks like she's growing out of it
  • Sorry havent been on for couple days thankyou everyone for input I just thought I get info from other moms thanx