So... :)

edited February 2013 in Baby showers
My cousin's baby shower is coming up and I've decided to buy her a diaper bag and decorate it (with diamonds and pink lace, big pink flowers etc.. the whole 9 yards.) and fill it up with things a new mommy or any mommy to a newborn needs like diapers, gas drops, onesies, bottles.. etc. Well its coming out amazing!! I thought it would be a great idea to sell online. Either the diaper bag alone or filled with things I'm trying to think of reasonable prices because all my material is high quality. I also need info on starting an online business what steps do i need to go through and how? Thank you.!

Comments

• @mommylovessparkle can you post a picture?
  • I will for sure when its done :) I'm working on it right now. My camera isn't that good but it looks really pretty in person! @perly
  • That sounds super fun to do :).can't wait to see it. I think the easiest would be to get your own website set up then promote on Facebook so people can like your page and the word will get around :). I think as far as price u have to do research on what others charge also how much it cost you on the material. Good luck!
  • @perly & @Jules image

I do need to get a better camera though because in person it looks stunning and the picture it looks blah.
  • That looks really good! I would definitely pay $45-$55 bucks for that. The diaper bag its self could go for $25 or $30.
  • Thanks guys :) now i just need to figure out paypal lol and figure out how to make a website. I can also make cute head bands :)
  • I would not pay more than what I could buy the items for. I the bag going to be machine washable, thats very important to me.
  • Wix.com is where U made my free daycare website :)
  • @char well I'd be charging for labor, plus shopping, the diaper bag itself, and the items. The one i made for my cousin I'd probably sell it for about $45 for the bag and with the items probably about $90 because there's lots of things in there like medicine, diapers, bottles, pacis, receiving blankets, onesies, socks, shoes, butt creams, wipes, paci holders, changing pads, a shopping cart/high chair cover etc. At the same time I'd like to give a good deal with out selling myself short. I learned the hard way selling tutus i simply made them too cheap and it started coming out of my pocket. I don't skimp out on my work and all my materials are the best of the best. And no they're not machine washable but you can wash them down with a damp cloth.
  • -leggs2011 thank you ! <3
  • Or they can buy their own things and i can put it together and decorate it too? Hmm...
  • @mommylovessparkle that's what i was about to say, i know stuff in Vegas is probably more expensive than here where im at, so the diaper bag and all would probably cost more over there... right?
  • Super cute bag :)
  • @perly yeah , sometimes the prices are ridiculous on some things!

@nylasmommy thank you :)
  • So people would be into it. Not being washablr tho I don't see many moms being into it. Maybe first timers but after that most will figure out it is more about practicality than cute imo. I mean you take those into bathrooms, get thrown in the floor at people houses.
  • @char actually i wouldn't and haven't ever thrown any of my diaper bags in the washer.. ever. I hand wash mine. All of my (and the ones i make) diaper bags not only look pretty but are durable and i doubt anything would fall off. Honestly i don't see it as a problem.. people buy expensive heels and walk in them and scuff them but i haven't ever heard anyone put heels in the washer. Its kind of the same thing. I guess it depends on the person.. i rather have a really nice, eye catching diaper bag that i can wipe down rather one that's just a plain one that i can throw in the washer.. to each their own.
  • Hope it works for u
  • I dont wash my diaper bag :)
  • I've never washed mine I rather have something cute that looks like a big purse/bag that's what I have that way I can have my stuff in there and my daughters stuff in there and don't have to carry two or worry about going back and forth plus I love nice bags that a can keep and use for whatever.
  • @excitedforOctober :) that's because your awesome ;) lol.

@Jules i TOTALLY agree :) it seems like the bigger the diaper bag i get the more things i "need" to put in it "just in case."
    So even if i buy a cute duffel bag (lol) I'd still only have room for my wallet lol but i have a super cute wallet! Its pink sequins and transitions into gold sequins and it has a HUGE sequin bow on it! I love it lol.
  • When I was pregnant I ordered the cutest bag it's leather very nice and since it's big I been able to use it as diapers bag too! I'm sure your friend will be happy of anything BC u put a lot of work into it
  • I have a $200 Betsy Johnson diaper bag and I was it regularly but I'm a neat freak germ a phobe I'm the same way with the grocery basket/high chair cover. I want to vomit when I think of everything those things come into contact with. before u ask yes I was my purses or have them cleaned regularly as well and the car seat covering