biracial babies

So my daughter is half black and half white and I have hit a speed bump with her hair ...90% of it is more black then white hair type (like a heartbeat away from being as course and thick as a full black childs hair) Now that its getting long (maybe 2 in) its more apparent I need to start a hair regimen of some kind due to the fact when she wakes up she has baby dreds lol and constant tangles. I was suggested Tigi curlesque line which im trying out but with it being 15$ for a 12oz bottlefor shampoo and conditioner I dont see it as practical for when her hair is longer...what are yalls tips and tricks?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    My kids are biracial but they have white hair type just very curly . I use the Shea moisture baby wash an shampoo an the Shea moisture restorative conditioner then the Shea moisture creme/hair lotion it gives nice curls an makes it really soft there 10$ a piece but the shampoo Is a body wash an a shampoo it only take a tiny bit cuz it lathers up really good an lasts me along time even wit 3 kids . I use this becuz its all organic. sallys has sum stuff for kids also.
  • Ive been using the pink lotion in the black secrion of sallys but its too heavy for her hair...do you get the shea line at sallys?
  • No I get it at Walgreens. The baby shampoo/body wash is n the baby section an the conditioner an creme is n the adult section if u decide to try it .
  • Ok thanks im willing to try anything thatll make her hair healthy
  • Yea that's y i changed to that I didn't want any chemicals. The creme is thick but my baby's have fine thin hair an it still does great . I wet there hair before I put it on an put on after there baths . I tried pink lotion on my son wen he was little an it was way to heavy
  • O an the condionter an creme is in the adult ethnic hair section
  • Ok great hopefully itll work for us too
  • The creme is called curl an style milk
  • My daughter is 4 and she has good hair. I put a perm on it to make the curls go away and so it doesn't get nappy at night and so far so good. I did it at 3 and her hair is a lot easier to manage
  • Ok thanks and @LaFiitz89 was her hair really bad for you to put a perm on her so young? If I cant find some other way thats my very last option but im in love with her curls
  • It would get nappy fast . I guess u would say she has mixed hair.... Not black but maybe a white person with curly hair..? But now its 10000000 times easier to manage