I'm about to give up!!!

I have been trying now for 2 months and she is just recently decided that she wants to pee in the potty but only once in the day and the other times its on the floor just before i put her diaper back on and thats after she sat in the potty for 5 mins or longer.. She don't like her diapers very much any more and at the moment we can't make it to Walmart to get undies that will fit her (she has no butt and Walmart is 30 mins away).. Any hints on to convince her to potty the candy is not working and its sitting were she can see it from the potty and she wants one every time she sits on the potty but she won't pee in it.. This is my first so i need a few hints that worked for every one else

Comments

• How old is she?
  • She is 17 months
  • Sounds like she isn't quite ready yet...
  • I agree with Ashley, that's really early, my daughter is 18 months and I'm going to wait until at least 2. Have you tried pull ups since she doesn't like diapers? Does she take the diapers off?
  • I think she is ready she gets so excited when we ask her is she needs to potty and yes she does take her diaper off if she is not wearing pants
  • I really really suggest the book potty training boot camp. It takes commitment on your part, but we were able to potty train our daughter by 17 months. We now only use diapers when sleeping, and over underwear on long trips out of the house. Its a short book, only like 30 pages long and you can buy it on the android play store.
  • Even tho she gets excited, it sounds like she still needs you to follow her lead. Don't push her...she will when she is ready and not a moment before.
  • Sometimes if you potty train too early they can regress immensely at an older age.