help baby sucks 2 fingers

edited March 2013 in USA moms
I dont no what to do she is 16 months I have been told to put hot sauce can someone give me ideas thanx

Comments

• Well I don't think if it was my daughter I would stress too much about it to put hot sauce on it but if I didn't want her to keep doing it because it can move the teeth I would simply move her hand away and take her attention to something else and keep doing to to break the habit. Plus u never know she might like the hot sauce lol I know someones kid who does which is so funny.
  • My friends daughter was five still doing it.. she kinda used it like a crutch (like a smoker), they were trying to break her of it so when she wanted to do it she would say that she wanted to go lie down and would lay in her bed doing that. She I'd still 5 and I'm not sure if they have fully broken it.
  • My mom waited til I was 5 I sucked my thumb shetold me if I didnt stop my thumb would turn blue and fall off so that night she waited until I was asleep got food dye and made my thumb blue when I woke up I saw my thumb and freaked out never a sucked my thumb again
  • I worked in daycare. All the thumb suckers I had were still thumb suckers when they left at 5 yrs old. I did everything in my power to make Levi not suck his fingers. He is a paci boy which is fine with me because you can get rid of it!
    babies are so cute when they suck their thumb but making it a habit is hard to get rid of! Can't snip it like a pack
  • @Maddysmom16 sry but that's funny
  • Thank u guys for your in put its not easy from all the info u guys gave me its complicated lol wish me luck..@maddysmom16 that is to funny if she's doing it by then I will definitely try that one
  • @maddysmom16, your mother is a genius!!
  • Yeah she should of done it to my stepbrother hea 30 ! And sucks his thumb