Comments

• edited March 2013
    That is absolutely horrifying!!! As a dental professional I am so disgusted by this. I can't even imagine using rusty instruments on a patient and in CA we have to test our sterilizers weekly. This asshole gives the entire dental profession a bad name. Unfreakn believable!
  • edited March 2013
    Youd be amazed at the things that were done by MA's when I was a urology nurse. Horrifying .

@frantastic
  • I thought of pregly when I read this because of all the dental posts lately!
  • Ya well my local hospital was caught reusing insulin pens! Eww! I don't get it how can people live with themselves!
  • This is scary stuff!
  • Omg I got shivers, I hate the dentist and now is even more scary.. Smh
    People are so messed up in the head now a days
  • This is not encouraging me to go finda dedentist even though I need one
  • edited March 2013
    Please don't put off going to the dentist because of this one story. They are the exception, not the rule. Your oral health is very important to your overall health especially if you are pregnant. @Janet_2011 @LittleFae
  • Like @frantastic said, don't let this scare you from getting necessary medical treatment!

• I know. But I'm already terrified of dentists. At least in Co I knew who was good and who to go to. Here in MN no clue... Blah.
    I just got my dental insurance package in the mail yesterday so I'll have a list of who takes my insurance.

Though question, how can you tell if they are good or not?
    What do you look for in a dentist?

In Co I never had to do that because I had the same dentist from... Five up to 18 and the same ortho from 10 up to 18 (then I lost my dental insurance and haven't been to a dentist since.)
  • @LittleFae I would ask around for referrals. If you have friends, coworkers, daycare, your hair dresser ask who they go to and if they're happy there. My office does not advertise all of our patients are from word of mouth referrals. Then if you find an office that sounds promising go check them out. Call them and see if the office manager is nice, friendly, helpful you know what I mean? If you go in look around, does the office look clean and well kept? If you see anything that would be a red flag to you or you just don't get a good vibe then you can leave and try somewhere else. And feel free to ask them about their sterilization policies, a good office has nothing to hide and will be happy to tell you. Talk to the dentist, assistant or hygienist and let them know your concerns if they blow you off or dismiss them then find an office that will reassure you. I hope this helps I know it can be hard in a new place to find a good dentist but they are out there and not all of us are bad.
  • Those sound good, thank you.

I'm just nervous, my teeth were fine until I got pregnant and had Isaac, yeah they needed cleaning, but now it's like bam, horrible teeth and my gums are in awful state. I need a lot of work done. I just grew up having a ton of dental work (my teeth, baby teeth on up were never good. I got stuck with crazy genetics) and I had a great relationship with past dentist and ortho so it helped ease my fears about getting work done. Now I need to find a new dentist, establish a new relationship, and... Uhg... Go through the torture of having things taken care of. I just dread it.... So very much lol. But I know how important it is to get done... I can't really do word of mouth, all of friends are in other towns /counties. And I would like to stay in my area if I can. Well see what list my insurance gives me and go from there.
  • @Captivated I just read an article on CNN.com about this ass hat and some things people should look for in a dental office and questions to ask the dentist. I want to share it on here but I don't know how, can you help please?
  • Can't you copy and paste the link @frantastic ?
  • I read it on Facebook and I didn't see a link but I'm also on my phone, I don't really get on the computer that much. It was a good article in response to that horrible story. @Captivated