how old is your baby and what are some things they can do?

edited March 2013 in Birth Stories
Jacoby is 7 months and he say dada, baba, he sits up on his own, roll over and walk forward in his walker every blue moon. But he can't crawl yet.

Comments

• Isaac is 18 months now, and he is amazing at tearing my house apart lol.
    But, he can climb onto our couch, is working on the crib so I need to lower it. He's been working on learning how to blow, like on hot food or candles out.
    He's starting to recognize his body parts. And is finally helping me clean up his toys before naps and bed time.
    He has started to dance.
    And says things like 'where is it?' what's that? What happened? Where daddy?
  • Oh and he can now open the front door and the storm door so I really need to make sure they stay locked.
  • Archie is 18 months

He can name & do the sounds/actions for about 20 animals
    Says about 60 words clearly & about another 50 not so clearly but you know what he's saying

Says love you mama/dada

Climbs all over everything

Is in a big boy bed since 16 months

Loves his books! Must have over a 100 prefers them to tv / toys

Loves playing in the garden helps dig & rake with his own mini gardening kit

Loves trying to fix things like his ride ons with his pretend tool kit

List is endless xx
  • Jackson is 4.5 months. He knows how to grasp and swat at his toys. He's discovering that he has feet. He can sit up assisted and for short periods unassisted. He babbles, and "talks" all day long, lol. He also recognizes his name
  • edited April 2013
    Sophie just turned 1 on Tuesday, she can walk, run, climb up onto the couch, open the fridge (sometimes) go up and downstairs with no assistance (even though I stand in front of her or behind her and watch her like a hawk) She can takes her diaper off and sometimes go potty in her potty chair. She says different things like go go, bye bye, bad, mom, dad, please, thank you, dog, blue, black, more, animal etc....
    She cleans up her toys sometimes lol, I think she just likes the clean up song as she dances around while picking up. Can feed herself with a fork ans spoon all though she is still a bit messy
  • My daughter is 18 months old she says mom dad jr no yes thank you bottle bye hi. Climbs on chairs, sofa. Sleeps in her own bed. Picks up her toys. Feeds herself. Makes a mess. Gives her brother his bottle and pacifier when he cries. My son is 8 months and sits up. Says dadda mamma hols his bottle walks in his walker but doesnt crawl yet
  • My 18 month old just started copying the older kids doing rock, paper, scissors, shoot! It's so cute, he holds one hand flat, makes a fist with other & bounces it in the flat hand saying "uh, uh, uh, ooot!" Then flies his hands in the air pointing. (rather than making the actual rock, paper or scissors) Lol It's adorable. :)
  • Logan is one as of mar 31st..he has been walking since 9 mo...he gets up and downstairs, can climb into his brothers top bunk bed, says ba ba, daddy, mya ,(sister is Amaya), bye, hi, ma, and will pretty much mimic what he hears.
    Xaviar is 3. Has fully taken to the potty finally! One day after potty training for six months he decided to do it, wanted to pee like daddy and now just does it all on his own!
    Amaya is nine (I know she is older) but I'm so proud she is top of her class for reading and has straight A's on her report card!!
    Love my little ducklings:)
  • My daughter is 20mo and is ruling this house, she a pint sized commander-in-chief. She even corrects her older brother by waving her little fore finger at him and saying no no no [-X Only says no, or mine mine mine. But she gives the cuttest kisses and she is forever singing so we put up with it. @Wilsomom does your 18mo also copy the 'bad' stuff? That's whats happening here. @SamiUK the list does seem to be endless but it is so warming to see it al happening in front of you. @LittleFae try reversing the door handles. That way they cant turn them anymore, well not until the age of 3 anyway. It helped with our first one who was into jail breaking.
  • @Alida Yes, sometimes. He's pretty good at getting mad & throwing little temper tantrums, but when he does I make him sit on his butt & not get up until he calms down. Lol
  • Aiden is almost 10 months , he is crawling, walking, saying da-da, pa-pa, tata , he eats his baby food twice a day and likes to play with his sister ( she is 23 months old) :)
  • @alida I can't with this handle. As long as I keep the door locked he can't open it.
  • @Wilsomom I get the idea she is much smarter than he was at the same age. I don't if its because she is a girl (and everybody knows we are smarter, LOL) or she is just a good copy cat. @LittleFae if it works it works :-)
  • My daughter is now 17m old. She had been walking since she was 13m old. She can say about 20-30 words, but her favorite is "papaw"(what she calls my dad) lol she says it all the time! She just figured out how to climb the couch and can almost unlock the front door. She loves reading and playing with puzzles. Her favorite stuffed animal right now is a tie between Minnie mouse and Perry the playtus from phineas and ferb.