post delivery wraps?

Ive heard that after delivery if you wrap your stomach it helps to move all your internals back into place on top of helping get your shape back. Does anyone have any experiences doing this and what do yall suggest? Also what are the most reasonable priced wraps/ where did you get them?

Comments

• Well with my daughter I went down right away like the moment she was out but everything still felt like jello so what I did was I continued wearing my belly band thing that I used at the end over my jeans it is tight stretchy material and I think it really helped but I was also breastfeeding which I think really helps the uterus itself shrink back to normal size. I think its worth try for sure :)
  • Hourglass angels is amazing. I got compression wear from them. I still wear it and after two kids, my belly was flatter than before. I highly recommend any compression wear or girdle type undergarments. I can post up some pics if you want.
  • Yes please do....i just dont want to pay a ton for something if its not going to work good
  • @captivated Plz do I'm interested!!!
  • It doesn't matter what it is! So long as it is tight and compresses, it will work. The key is wearing it consistently. Not to mention, you look a hellbof a lot better in your clothes. I won't wear jeans without them. I've got all kinds. I'll upload pics when I get home!
  • I had to wear an abdominal binder after having my daughter because i had had surgery, but thanks to that binder i slimmed down a lot. Im definitely going to wear a girdle once this baby is born.
  • I wore a abdominal binder I got off of amazon...it was about $25 or so. Capiticated is right wear them consistly .
  • Alright thank you....how long do yall suggest to wear it to help? I know I dont want to wear it long term but ive heard 24/7 for 6 wks and then ive heard during the day for 6 months
  • I just used mine until I felt like everything except for the muscles in the middle that still needed to close more was back to normal which in my case took 5 days but I was very active before and during pregnancy I really think that's very important in order to bounce back faster. But I would just wear it until u feel comfortable with urself ya know :)
  • To be honest, im planning to use it up to 6 weeks pp. I don't know if anyone else has heard this, but Mexican people believe that in order to get the body back to normal a woman should wear a girdle as soon as she gives birth and use it up to 6 weeks pp and also, she should cover up so that the body won't catch any air (i know it sounds weird) that might leave the tummy all flabby and stuff. So usually, we'll make sure we wear socks the whole time and we try to keep our chests covered as well.
    Im just gonna wear the girdle and try to not walk around the house barefoot. Im delivering in May, and Houston is too hot like for me to be walking around covered from head to toe. Im also planning on working out as soon as my doctor gives me the ok.
  • @perky My entire family does this.
  • @perly that's very intresting never heard of that I like traditions I'm not sure if it works but still fun little tradition to have that's like part of a culture :). I don't think I could ever do that I hate layers although all 80 pound of me is always cold I just don't like being at home super covered up I get soo uncomfortable and like antsy ya know.
  • @monkey_girl Im sure anyone with some kind of mexican culture has lol. I already know that my mom and grandma are gonna be on my ass the whole time about not being completely covered. I did it when my daughter was born and i just couldn't stand it. All that clothes was just too much for me.

@jules oh yeah. My mom and grandma swear by that belief and will almost bet anything that nothing else will work besides that lol.
  • @perly that's soo cute and funny but hey if it works then why not right
  • edited April 2013
    @perly yep, my mom would always yell at me for wearing tank tops and no socks after I had my son. Lol
  • @jules its only cute when they're not on your back bugging you about it lol.

@excitedforoctober yeah... i know what that's like lol.
  • @perly soo true!
  • Continue to use it as long as possible. I used mine for over 8 hours a day. I dislike binders because they are visible through your clothes. I have invisible ones that go from under my breasts to my knees, a thong compression one that has straps and is boobless (I hate anything that rides up of rolls down at the top) and others that are like boyshorts that go from directly beaneath my breasts to my butt. Can't see any if them under my clothing.
  • edited April 2013
    photo 228799_1876690366710_6478036_n_zps019a046a.jpg
    3 Days PP

photo 294053_1893833795285_2438507_n_zps805e39db.jpg
    1 week PP

My shapewear

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweet-Nothings-Shiny-Seamless-Shaping-High-Waist-Thighslimmer-Style-82433/19886979

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-and-Sexy-Medium-Control-Seamless-Shapewear-Boyshorts/23116280

http://www.hourglassangel.com/compression-thong-shaper

photo compression-thong-shaper-squeem-6011-best-seller-black-front_zpsbf622968.jpg

photo 6011t_thong_black_back_zps3e95ac3c.jpg

Now, about 20 Months PP and what it looks like under clothes

photo PicsArt_1360524159595_zps83c2200e.jpg

photo PicsArt_1360522140791_zps56c77db6.jpg

photo PicsArt_1362624926914_zps06af3a76.jpg

photo IMAG0568-1_zpsf2fba7de.jpg
    Lifts butt!

photo IMAG2666_zps17866db2.jpg

photo PicsArt_1363374365992_zps0f1bcf08.jpg

Hope this helps some ladies. I have not worked out since having my son. Just some pole dancing classes here and there.

Oh, and they are SO comfortable. I am not comfortable in clothes without them. That's why I've kept up for so long.
  • @capitaved DAAAMMNN!!! lol! Question..do you have a shorter torso? Just cuz you say they go right under your boobs but on the models they are lower. I HATE when shapers go lower than right under my bra and give me a weird ass high muffin top lol. I'm only 5'1" and I have a really short torso and some are still too short. But if you're taller than me then they would definitely work!
  • I actually have a pretty long torso but short legs. I am 5'3". @starrxoxo9
  • edited April 2013
    @captivated yea I just have short everything lol! I think I'm gonna try the boyshort ones. Can't go wrong for $8!!

Oh and if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh and what size did you get?
  • edited April 2013
    @captivated where did u get it? When I first had my son I went to this specialty store where binding corsets is all they sell, Columbian ones to be exact and they really recommended to boy shorts ones but with PP and all I didn't really think that would be very practical so I got the regular corset which I hated! Are the thong/boy short ones a pain to take off and on? Forgot to mention I paid $70 each for the corsets I bought :( the boyshorts one which I originally bought but couldn't put up past my thighs was $120!
  • @captivated I notice a big difference in your arms, how did u tone them down? That's what's bothering me the most right now, my arms.
  • @excitedforoctober she posted the links to them between pics.
  • @Starrxoxo9, the boyshorts one I posted a pic of doesn't go quite as high as the others. But I can still pull it up quite high. The one in the pic isn't the exact one I got, but pretty close.

I weighed about 211 at birth. I weigh 115 now. At first I got larges and now in mediums. The size chart on hourglass angels is great.

@excitedforoctober, the thong compression shaper is a bit of an annoyance to get on compared to the others because it is true compression wear rather than girdles like the others. I no longer wear the thong one because it is too big and the others I got from Wal-Mart are cheaper. Though I do suggest reap compression wear from hourglass. They have so many awesome ones.

As for my arms, it just came with losing weight. I've lost everything, my boobs, butt etc. My medical issues has been a huge contributing factor as well, but breastfeeding is probably a huge reason as well. I don't suggest you use these and just expect to lose a lot of weight, as tgere were many other reasons I did. The girdles help to tighten up your abdomen. Without them, i had a lot of sagging skin. these helped to get rid of that big time.

Unfortunately, I'm pooching back up with this pregnancy. bloating is so bad that it looks like I'm 14 weeks pregnant or so with my last :(
  • @captivated 211 to 115?! Wow thats awesome! I will definetely wear some type of compression wear this time around, the corsets didn't seem to help me too much with the loose skin after I had my son, and I think it's because they would keep riding up since they were just the ones for the tummy area. I am just worried that the extra loose skin will not go away since I still had it when I got pregnant this second time around, but I am holding on to hope!

Oh I see, I am hoping to breastfeed for alot longer than I did with my son so hopefully that does help me too. I lost a few lbs during my first trimester since I had bad morning sickness so my weight gain has been minimal overall.
  • Thats awesome...another question....which one is the most practical immediately after birth with bleeding and soreness....im not too worried about the soreness bc having constant pressure made me hurt less
  • I was wondering about the soreness too. I can't imagine it being comfortable at all. I need serious help though, with this being my 10th full term pregnancy I always have that pregnant look to my stomach, even when I lose weight. Which I'm about 40 pounds over weight right now. :( I've checked for ab separation & it's about 2.5 finger widths at the widest point, is that bad? @captivated
  • @excitedforoctober, yeah, I know! It's been a lot of weight loss. I'm fifteen pounds lower than I was before having my first and 45 less than what I weighed before my second. Haven't been this small since high school. I had a lot of loose skin prior to getting pregnant with my son (second pregnancy) and am pretty amazed at how much it went away. I didn't wear any girdles after my first.

@firstTimeMommy0928, I would recommend hourglass angels. They have the thong compression shaper in regular underwear, and it buttons/snaps in the crotch area so it wouldn't be a nuisance with pads. Open in the top for breastfeeding as well.

But really, anything that is tight on the belly will help.

@wilsomom, I don't really know much about ab separation :( I'm sorry!