My poor Joseph's face again! :(

edited April 2013 in Parenting
He fell today & landed on the hardwood along with a toy in his hand. It bled really bad because that little flap of skin between his two front teeth that goes to the top of his gums got completely cut. His was really thick too. He just can't catch a break! His lip is sooooo swollen!

His normal happy face:
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i362/wilsofily/IMG_20130217_163246_zpsccc0d446.jpg

His swollen painful face:
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i362/wilsofily/IMG_20130405_113217_zps58a933cc.jpg

Comments

• Poor baby!! :( My 17 mo old is always falling and busting his lip too, they are so resilient though. Bet he's already running around like nothing.
  • @ExcitedForOctober Normally he would be but he's not been feeling too good the last few days so now he's extremely fussy! Hopefully a good nap will help.
  • Aww poor baby!
    Hes soo cute tho!
  • Ouch poor guy! On the bright side, that tissue from the gums to the front lip is called a frenum and if it was really big it can cause a gap in the front teeth. If he tore it completely it may save you from having to fix it in the future.
  • @Frantastic I checked it last night & it did tear completely all the way up. All my kids have them really big from my husband, his is like that. He's also tongue tied & so are they. Can it cause crooked teeth because his are really crooked & I always wondered if that's why?
  • I don't think it can make the teeth crooked but a large frenum can make a gap between the front teeth. If he is tongue tied and it is affecting his speech you can look into having the frenum under the tongue (lingual frenum) snipped.
  • @Frantastic Thanks! I always have their tongues clipped right after birth because it's so easy then. The first one had to have surgery at 2 years old so I learned they can just snip it with scissors in the hospital after they're born much easier! :)
  • Tongues clipped?!! :-??
  • Lol it's just that tiny string looking thing under your tongue, not the actual tongue. :) @Máthair
  • Poor thing!