Help needed with the new Pregly Homepage

edited April 2013 in About App & Forum
As you know we are working very hard to update the forum. The Launch (as we have started calling it) is getting closer.

Right know I'm working on the homepage of Pregly, yes more Pregly!
I would like it to be filled with photo's, experiences, tips and tricks and just fun stuff from forum members. I could use your input coming up with categories.

Martin came up with Cool Dads - a category with photos of dads taken at their coolest moments (of course he would :-D ) So I came up with, how original, Cool Mums. Thats as far as we got, so we really need your input (HELP!).

Place your comments below, can't wait to read what you guys come up with :)

Comments

• You mean like an info section ?
  • I think if possible, the forum discussions should be private to nonmembers. .. I know the transparency has helped other people, but ive seen some good preglies get burned because they used here as their venting ground in privacy and it was discovered by an outsider and used against them... your ideas are great so far, I just hope my suggestion is possible. Ill definitely share some creativity, but im totally voided right now lol
  • An easier way to share photos would be nice!
  • edited April 2013
    I agree with @starrxoxo9. Many other large forums have a button that can directly upload to the site. I would love to have one here. I always have to go to the computer (if pic isn't in my phone), wait forever for it to upload to photobucket and then copy the link here. Very much of a hassle. Then when you upload from mobile, it doesnt post the pic on the site but just a link. Only from the computer does is post the actual picture! So annoying! :(
  • I think like a quick refrence section...how much Motrin, Tylenol for certain weight, mom to mom personal tips and tricks...so maybe like a wellness category? I know we can't give medical advice but it could be a mom to mom refrence section.
  • I agree we should have basic section on what we can give our little once at what age and how much just like we have the food section of what to eat while pregnant or not to eat and then also what can and can't eat while breastfeeding maybe and then add the new section of medications for pregnant breastfeeding mothers and little once on weight base per ml or whatever. I have this stuff available to me bc my sister is doc and hubby is paramedic but most people don't have that person they can call really fast it would be amazing to have it right there just one click!
  • @doodles, exactly like info sections. Kinda like Jezebel.com or the Chive.com but of course pregnancy and parenting related :-) @KayyCarter, no "private" stuff from the forum (but please be careful what you put on the forum because google finds everything), just fun stuff or like @Jules says helpful tips like health. And lots of photos. @starrxoxo9 @captivated @kenzie0713 the reloaded forum or Pregly 3.0 :-D would have a much better look/feel and experience when on the mobile.
    Maybe birth stories?? I always liked reading those while pregnant. Well, when I was pregnant the 2nd time the first time I was to scared LOL
  • @Alida oh man that sucks. I was just about to say that i agree with @KayyCarter idea. I've been wanting to ask a pregnancy related question that could be easily misinterpreted by (for example) my husband if he were to come across it (he uses the app for the week by week tips and info, and even though he doesn't have an account he knows i do and he might read on here every now and then since Im on here daily). But you're right too, if its that private, i probably shouldn't ask.
  • Ya its ok thats we can't totally make it hidden we just have to be careful what we say and do I mean its not different then facebook cause we have googles ourselves and my facebook is totally privet and still things pop up. But thank u on the health tips I think that's super helpful for other like I said I always have my sister but others on here don't and its soo handy to have it right in front of u thank u @alida :)
  • Thanks for all the ideas. Let me think about the private forum concept for a while. Maybe I can come up with something .

• i would think a way to do it would just be to have a 'locked section' maybe called pregly hot topics, burning issues or something like that, rather than lock off the whole forum. Then if anybody wanted a private question answered they could post it there, whilst retaining the transparency of the rest of the forum. @martin
  • Yeah maybe a members only section where certain discussions are separate from the general public who might access just for reading and have no desire to join per say @martin - thanks for considering it though
  • I know this is completely out of subject or even the question but an iphone app would be extremely nice to have. My mom gifted me an iphone and I hate using the Internet to go on it, I miss my old android just because of pregly , I just love the iphone xD
  • You can still put it on your home screen! There should be a a little box with an arrow at the bottom push that then it should bring up some options click on the one to add to home screen. It's not the app but at least you don't have to go to the browser every time. @janet_2011
  • Ooh o.o I didn't know , ill give that a try, thanks :) @Starlilly
  • @Janet_2011 it's nice thought but unlike Android in order to create an app you have to work for apple that's big way they make their money. In Android if you know how you can make an app have to be free or paid. I only know cause my cousin works for apple and my hubby has made apps for us to use personally on our Android phones.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!

The first two blog sections will be "cool dads" and "cool moms", they'll not be informative but more for fun. Filled with photos of moms and dads on their coolest moments (with their kids). Members can submit their own photos (starting right now :-) ).

Regarding the private forum; there will be a private section on the forum for the first Pregly members - that means you! So only you guys can enter, and nobody can view what's going on inside. Do you have suggestions for the group name, and the forum name? I was thinking of

group: The Pregly Originals, or 'originals'
    forum: The originals cafe, or 'originals cafe'

• I like pregly originals!
  • Genius! @martin all the bad people got weeded out, that's a fantastic idea to have a section just for old members!! I like pregly originals too :)
  • I like pregly originals
  • edited April 2013
    I love that idea , I vote for The pregly originals and The originals cafe
  • Maybe a creavtive topic to fine fun arts and crafts that are kid friendly for toddlers and such?
  • PRIVATE TO NON MEMBERS!