Escitalopram (Lexapro)

edited April 2013 in Depression
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has taken the anti depressant escitalopram while pregnant or in general? What side effects did you have and for how long? I've been taking for 3 days and has made me more nauseous.

Thanks!

Comments

• I have taken it and had to stop after about four months. It zombied me out. While I was no longer depressed, I felt NO emotions. No happiness, no excitement...nothing. I've known many to have success with it though!
  • @captivated That sounds terrible! How many mg we're you on? My doctor prescribed 10mg and so far just nausea and a bit of drowsiness. When did you start feeling like a zombie?
  • I can't remember the mg. It was for PPD after my daughter. It started around six weeks after starting. People in my command were beginning to comment about how nothing was ever bothering me (I was the queen of smartass and bitching, lol). One day I was on my way to pick my daughter up from daycare after work and I was like, yeah, going to get my daughter. Bleh. When usually I'd be ecstatic. I had no emotion seeing her and picking her up. I instantly realized what was going on and stopped taking it immediately.
  • @captivated Wow! I'll keep an eye out for that. I'm not a medicine type of person in general, so this is very different for me. We'll see...
  • It made me a nervous wreck, panic attacks, nausea, no appetite.
  • @kenzie0713 When did you start to experience those symptoms?
  • Sorry for the delayed response...it happened to me with the first pill and took me almost 3 days toreturn back to my normal mind frame. I have adverse effects to all ssri's bc I truly have an anxiety disorder with no depression.
  • How are you feeling?
  • @kenzie0713 No worries! I stopped taking them after the 4th day. I was always sleepy, pounding headaches, anxiety, and it felt like I had icy hot all over my body. Honestly made me so great full for my previous life.