How do I get 3 under 2 inside? Need quick advice. (:

edited April 2013 in Babies
My bf's good friend had his son dropped off at his door yesterday with no supplies and no notice. He works a night shift so I offered to babysit his son since he has no one else around here. He shuttles to work so I will be picking up his boy at in a little over an hour. My boyfriend is not here for the night so I will need to take my kids with. I'm just wondering how other mothers get multiple kids inside. I'll have a 20 month old, my 19 month old, and a 3 month old in a carseat. I also live upstairs of a fourplex. I have to park a ways away and my son is a crazy man and likes to try to run off everywhere, so I'm usually carrying him in one arm and my daughter in the other until I get him to the stairs.

Comments

• I would use 2 of those little monkey backpacks that you can get at Walmart. They have a little leash like thing on them, that way the 2 older ones would be safe while you carry the baby. Just take it nice & slow.
  • @wilsomom I was thinking about investing in those since this arrangement will probably be long term. However it won't help me tonight as I can't make it to Walmart. It's still cold and snowy here in Minnesota so I hate to keep my daughter out for too long.
  • I'm sure you figured it out but I think it's great that your helping sounds like the lo is going through a lot. Hope it all works out!
  • Maybe the baby could go in a carrier on your chest while you hold the other two's hands.
  • You can even google how to make a quick wrap out of a sheet or blanket if that would help temporarily.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I may have to try a sling, finally put the one I have to use. I got lucky last night and got a close parking spot and the boy I'm babysitting went straight to the door and my son had to follow.