depo shot

What did you think of it? I tried the nuva ring, its given me nothing but problems and I've only had it in for 4 days..I couldn't handle this for another 2 weeks or so. I know there is a possibility I can gain weight. How were your periods on it? Did they go away?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I hated it. I only got one shot but it turned me into a fat, bitchy, bleeding mess lol. I gained 15lbs in less than 2 months and bled the whole time. And if someone even THOUGHT about looking at me the wrong way, I snapped lol. Also, the spot above my butt where I got the injection was really sore for a long time!!
  • Worst experience of my life . I was bleeding for a year straight and never had a normal cycle once I stopped getting the shots
  • edited April 2013
    HATE. I can handle the bleeding and wait it out, annoying but its finally stopping every once in awhile after two straight months of it, but now my hair has been falling out! I can just run my hand through my hair and almost have a handful. It's everywhere, I have to clean my brush every couple days. My hair is so noticably thinner, I'm scared to even brush it. :(
  • I was on it for 6 months and bled the entire time! With Pms symptoms, I got pregnant a month after coming off of it and I'm pretty sure that it caused my early miscarriage, I didn't have problems with crazy periods afterwards
  • I will never ever use the depo again.
  • I hated it to had me all messed up lol
  • Lol wow!! Thanks ladies, I'm on my phone so its hard to tag.
  • Lol idk anyone who liked it. I'm surprised it's still an option!!
  • Lol my step mom used it years ago and loved it. She said it was her favorite bc to be on despite the weight gain she had. @starrxoxo9

@mrz_jackson @perly @Kimberly4411 @kitshay @ohhowwonderful just tagging you girls now since I didn't before.
  • Maybe because she's older it worked better?? You could always try one shot and see what you thought
  • @kimberly4411 she was in high school when she had it done after she had my step brother. I think I will, if anything I'll hate it and be stuck taking pills every day.