Bringing clothes for baby?

edited April 2013 in Giving birth
Hey everyone! Does anyone bring multiple outfits for their baby or just the take home outfit? With my son I just used the onesies they had and his take home outfit.

Comments

• I took multiple outfits when I had my son and good thing because they came in handy.
  • I have always taken more than one. After there first bath hours after birth I have them all dressed in an outfit :)
  • Our hospital preferred their clothing. They have to do so many checks n test it is easier for everyone (especially baby) to only have to unwrap them. my husband brought his clothes the day we left.
  • I wish I would've taken several outfits! I didn't know they did newborn pics and I would have likes to have has her in something other than the hospital stuff.
    And don't forget to take the cute little hospital hat! I'm super sad I didn't know I could :/
  • My hospital uses their lil shirts you only could dress the baby to take it home
  • I take multiple outfits
  • I'm taking multiple outfits because I want him to wear something nice for his newborn pictures and then something different to come home. If they allow me too, I would like to have him in his own clothes right away lol.
  • I took multiple outfits. Newborn pics were in a diaper. Super cute though. Super professional.
  • I brought about 5 lol good thing I did BC I stayed in the Hospital for 7 days after I had Nyla.
  • 7 DAYS?! How come? @nylasmommy
  • I Brough two but ended up only using the one to bring her home it was winter time so she needed something warm to leave in.
  • My Doc thought there was something wrong with my liver & so they kept a close watch on me for a few more days.
  • We get to leave 4 hours after the birth so I'm only taking two onesies even though I plan to do a lot of skin to skin. You can never be too prepared!
  • @alymaries how come you get to leave soo soon? That's fast with all the testing and even the paper work to be released. Is it at a local hospital?
  • Its a birthing center @jules . They require a minimum of 4 hours and you leave by 6 hours at most. They will take babys weight and measurements then but won't do the check up and hearing test until the next day at my house. We don't do shots and don't plan to circumsize if its a boy so there's not really much to do :)
  • @alymaries I see that makes sense now :) what if there's an emergency do u stay longer or have to get transported to hospital?
  • If there's an emergency I get transferred to the hospital that's about two blocks away. Then from there I'm sure I have to follow their protocol which could be anywhere from a day to three day stay. Hopefully it all goes well @jules :)
  • I brought a couple different outfits. Some were nb and some were premie! Just wanted to make sure I had something that would fit :)
  • We took a few but we didn't use them. We only used one for her pics and her coming home outfit. I took sleepers but didn't use them.
  • @alymaries oh ok, well I hope everything goes well! And u did this before? Sounds like good experience.
  • Thank you @jules :) no this will be the first time using a birth center. We lived in a small town when I was pregnant with my daughter and had her in a hospital. They didn't respect any of my wishes. I knew I wanted something different this time around.
  • I recommend taking newborn size an 1month size. My daughter weighed almost 10lbs! And the clothes that the hospital and i had did not fit her.
  • My daughter was in the nicu for 4 days so i couldn't dress her as i wanted only when it was time to go home.
  • @bigbelly was your LO early? I'm afraid that newborn won't fit! Even tho her older brother was in nb for nearly 3 months, but I feel like she is going to be bigger. U/S this afternoon, so I should have an estimate as to how big she is.
  • No she was only 4 says early. But nb was really big on her. She was 6lbs 11ozs. My tiny peanut!! @lilpeapod913