Taking my son outside to play when I have a 4 month old question.

edited April 2013 in Parenting
It's JUST starting to get nice here in Minnesota and my son's got major cabin fever. I want to let him play outside but it's been too cold for my little girl. What temperature is it okay to start bringing little ones outside? How to dress? Etc? I didn't have this problem with my son because he was only about 6 months old this time last year so I just waited until it was onsie weather.

Comments

• Well just bundle the lo up it will be fine. Especially if head, feet, and hands are covered she will hold her temperature in well. Those are the major body parts when it comes to heat. I was born and lived in Russia until 11 years old my sister had her baby there as she still lives there and goes outside everyday for different reasons. It will be ok. I think that's more of stressful thing for us mothers :)
  • I live in Canada, so if we don't go out when its at least kind of cold, were inside for most of the year lol. Just bundle her up. Long sleeve shirt, sweater jacket, hat warm socks and mitts if she'll let you. If she won't wear mitts, then you could go out for a little bit, just keep an eye on her hand temp
  • Just bundle her up. The fresh air will be great for her.
  • Before I said just bundle up I would ask what the temperature is out. I see crazy people walking around buildings with their kids dressed for winter, I have to think omg how would u like to be wearing all that crap. I know it is colder where u r than here we r wearing shorts some days now. If its is in the upper 60's or 70's and the wind is not to bad (it probably is tho) pants onsies long sleeve shirt and a sweater watch feet and hands. Also what r u putting the baby in,does it block wind, will the sun hit it and warm up. The biggest thing I was learned is if you would be hot then the baby is hot. Just take into account that they are not building body heat when sitting or laying.