• I want opinions on what is the best birth control. I want to have another baby in about 5 years.. I do not want the depo or to take a pill. I have my 6w check up in 3w and I'd like to have some ideas before I go in there.

• captivatedcaptivated April 2013

There is no "best" birth control, unfortunately. Everyone's body reacts differently to hormonal contraceptives. If you dont want depo or a pill, you are left with the nuvaring, patch, iud, implanon.

• StarlillyStarlilly April 2013

I liked mirena the best, I've had the pill,shot and patch. Mirena is just the easiest for me I didn't have to remember to take it everyday or go to the doctor every three months. I had a period the first couple months on mirena then they stopped! That was ok with me! Do some research!

• StarlillyStarlilly April 2013

I liked mirena the best, I've had the pill,shot and patch. Mirena is just the easiest for me I didn't have to remember to take it everyday or go to the doctor every three months. I had a period the first couple months on mirena then they stopped! That was ok with me! Do some research!

• captivatedcaptivated April 2013

I liked my mirena as well, but unfortunately it wasn't inserted correctly/or moved. Before I got pregnant, I had no issues with it!

• WilsomomWilsomom April 2013

There's always natural family planning! Lol

• perlyperly April 2013

You should research something more long term like an iud or implanon. But yes,@captivated is right. There is no "best" choice because what works for one person might not work for you.

• sands3sands3 April 2013

I agree with the other ladies. You just have to find what works for you. I had the mirena for a year and hated it! Went to the pill and loved it

• Mrz_JacksonMrz_Jackson April 2013

I have the paragard an like it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Categories