3 days of potty training

edited May 2013 in Potty Training
Ok so tomorrow we start the 3 days of potty training where we go pantsless for 3 days. Anyone have any suggestions or tips? Anyone done it and succeed? I'm kinda nervous

Comments

• Bump. I'm curious how this works too.
  • Well my mom did two days to potty training not sure if it's same technic but worked with us all. I don't know if we were pantsless though... But if that's ur plan just put ur lo on the potty a lot and if ur worried and want to make sure they are pee free for sure I would put your lo on the potty and turn water on they can see always makes everyone pee lol
  • What I basically read was first day you spend all day home in one room with potty and pantsless. Of course expect accidents but keep putting on potty and rewards with a dance or some treat. Diapers at nap n bed only. Continue for 3 days and by day 3 if there are attempting to make it to the potty at least 70% of the time keep it up. A lot of what I found on the internet is ppl are having great results.
  • Well that's good I hope u have success with it. That's not what my mom did but whatever works right! How old is ur lo now by the way?
  • She will be 2 in August. What did Ur mom do?
  • Is she doing to have panties on? I read that panties are good cause they can feel that they're wet where as a naked hiney it just goes on the floor. Please keep us updated on how it goes in June! I'm in no hurry to get my 19 month old trained but would love some pointers!
  • No it says to not do big girls pants first day. I just decided to bc she has been tellin us she needs to go potty but never really going. Im due in november and it would be nice to have her potty trained. She just had her first.accident and she realized sh went but I think it scaredher a little.
  • Oh I used it! We found that she didn't care about being pantsless, but she loved wearing panties. We gave her those coloured goldfish for when she stayed dry. It was mentally tough those first few days, she got frustrated and didn't wanna sit on the potty, so wed bribe her with games on my phone, pictures of family ans even phone calls to her nana. Stick to the time limits they say in the book and try to stay positive! She was potty trained in about a week (minus naps and bedtime) using this technique.
  • Glad someone had success. Even tho it's only been about 4 hours I was starting to get a little discouraged. I knew it wouldn't happen right away but we have had many accidents but she actually just went!!! Proudest mommy. She got a cookie and we jumped around and did high fives and clapped :) we even called daddy at work and she was excited but he says wouldn't it be nice if she got the hang of it before I got off! Really dude yea it would be nice but really!
  • Ok now im in awww she has gone twice in a row on her potty!!!! She is still a little hesitant but afterwards gets so excited!
  • That's awesome! Keep it up. There'll be ups and downs, but sounds like you're off to a great start!!
  • Aaww yay!!
  • I'm glad it's working sounds like she's doing great!
    My Mom and her friend who had kids same age did it after book two days to potty training that was like 29 years ago that's how old my brother is. They would just take the kids to the potty every half hour and if they went she would give them an m&m and if they didn't she didn't. Guess it avoids accidents since ur taking them soo often and they understand what the reward is for. Then by day two they want to go on their own without the reminder and then u don't have to do every 30 minutes since they start telling u they have to go. But whatever works I say I'm still not sure what were going to do for sure I'll try what she did or maybe she will help with my daughter since that's same time my parents will be visiting lol