I need your help ladies!!!

edited May 2013 in Postpartum Health
Look at my feet lol....

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130526_111337_zps494d20fb.jpg

I need help. As you all know, i had a c-section on Monday and im actually feeling great except for my feet.
Anyone know of something i can do to help the swelling come down?

Comments

• Keeping them elevated will help. Mine were swollen for like 2wks after I had my daughter.
  • My feet were swollen for a long time after my son was born. Just try to keep them elevated and take it easy. It takes a while for everything to go back to normal.
  • U for sure need to try lay down elevate them maybe little something cold as well. I never had that happen during or after my pregnancy. If relaxing and all that doesn't help just call your doc office to double check to rule out any possible infection or anything that may be causing your body to retain water. But most likely u just need some rest.
  • I had a c-section as well and my feet were swollen for about a week.
  • All the fluids during surgery end up in ur feet. U will be fine it will take a couple weeks
  • Definitely elevate them but I would suggest heat rather than cold
  • Thanks everyone!
    I pretty much knew that i would end up with some swelling cause it happened before when i had surgery (for something else a few years back) but i remember being swollen all over and my feet weren't as bad.
    Im gonna try sticking my feet in warm water and then im going to elevate them and keep them like that and hopefully that works. It sucks because i can't even wear socks because they are too tight.
  • I had serve adema after my c section my feet and legs were so swollen I couldn't. Get my shoes on. Or my shorts on.I lived in skirts and dress for a week 1/2. Keep your feet elevated when your sitting, drink plenty of water. My nurses put cuffs on my feet to help keep circulation. oh and its gonna hurt with the swelling but you gotta get up and move around helps blood flow as well
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • had c section also same happen to me I freaked out but like the ladies said got to keep them up and relaxing is GD you'll get ur feet back if u dnt mind me asking y u end up with a c section
  • @roxy my baby was real high up and the doctor was concerned that he wouldn't come down so i decided to not take the risk and just have a c-section.