What to pack for diaper bag for hosptial...

I need to start packing mine and babies diaper bag, only 4 weeks left and my first came a week early so maybe less! I completely forgot what I put in the diaper bag for my first, looking for help :)

Comments

• God that flew by !! I took outfits onsies socks hats brush diapers wipes an pacifers . Then for me I took pjs an comfortable outfits an very comfortable bra an panties an socks an house shoes . Don't forget ur soaps an shampoo an stuff I did an had to send hubby back home for it lol
  • edited June 2013
    With my first i only brought newborn size outfits and my daughter was 9lbs 9oz! Clothes did not fit.

Baby:
    Two sized outfits (newborn, 1 month)
    Onesies
    socks
    Receiving blankets
    Burp cloth

For you:
    Slippers
    Nightgown
    Underwear
    shampoo, soap, conditioner
    nursing bra (if nursing)
    Nursing pads
    Make-up
    Electronics (for during labor)
  • @Mrz_Jackson it sure did didn't it?! I have NOTHING ready and am starting to freak out lol Thank you so much for the suggestions, I can't believe I already forgot!
  • First time I packed everything second time got nothing ready went in labor at 34 weeks and third I did not bring nothing only the car seat and the outfit to leave the hospital this time im doing the same
  • I no I didn't get my bag ready until the nite before I got induced so I forgot all my stuff . I didn't have deodorant or anythang . Don't forget tooth brush an toothpaste !
  • I really didn't pack Kailyn a bag just clothes,hats since they have to wear one in the hospital,socks, and blankets. They provided us with diapers,wipes brush and bottles of baby wash.
  • I am just bringing him a change of clothes. He is 19 months now I have 3 weeks left. I am not going to keep if couped in a hospital in the middle of summer. That would just be cruel and unusual punishment. Lol
  • @candy101 oh no, I mean for my nb

thanks everyone! I need to get things packed soon :)
  • Oh well that a different story.lol
    Our hospital uses pampers swaddlers so I won't be bringing diapers. I just brought the coming home outfit but we live 10-15 minutes from the hospital.

I actually just set things up with my mom for her to take care of my son today. You aren't the only behind on getting things together.
  • All I brought was slippers for me. Some comfy clothes. Nursing bra. Loose undoes a few heavy duty pads. Nipple cream. One outfit for baby. Electronics. A few snacks. Socks(hospital ones are just awful! Lol)
  • I keep adding things Lol I always few like I'm missing something but here's what I've got
    Baby:
    2 Outfits come home and one just for pictures taken lol
    Booties to match her outfits
    Blanket
    Caraway is ready to go
    Medela Breast Pump to start breastfeeding right away
    Bottles
    Binky

Everything else like diapers and receiving blanket the hospital provides

Me:
    My fleece robe (it's always cold in hospitals to me)
    Slippers
    Nursing bra
    Underwear
    Pads (I hate those huge granny pads they give u )
    Laptop, headphones, DVDs, and a book
    Chapstick
    Deodorant
    Toothbrush and toothpaste
  • Mints are good for labor, for your partner too as he'll probably be in your face helping you breathe! Lol
    Don't forget snacks, clothing, toiletries, etc for hubby or so too.
  • One thing that was a lifesaver that I brought last time were those lil mittens for her hands because when they are brand new their nails can really scratch up the delicate skin on their faces..or the onesies with the fold on the wrist works the same ....lots of undies and nice pads because hospital pads suck lol oh and def Breast pads!
  • @scarlettsmama oh yes, that I learned from my first baby :) and granny panties are on my list of things to get this weekend :)

@wilsomom mints are such a good idea! Defientely going to pop some into my bag, thanks!

@zekesmommy I think thats the way to do it, pack early so it gives you time to add things as you remember them!