freaking out. tightening pain. Update #4* GOOD UPDATE!

I'm so scared I'm going to have miscarriage. I have very mild tightening on top of my belly in the middle (like under my boobs but in the center not the sides) what is this feeling? It feels sort of like contractions a little. :(

Comments

• My doctors appt is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm 5 weeks 4 days.
  • Gallbladder?
  • I don't think so.
  • Its top abdominal pain. @mijita
  • I doubt it has anything to do with a miscarriage. The pains from a miscarriage are usually on the lower abdomen/back. Just keep an eye out for spotting. Call your doctor immediately if you have any spotting of any kind.
    Relax and take it easy for today.
  • I heard miscarriage is cramoing in lower abdomen where baby is. Talk to your dr tom. ♡
  • Drink a bunch of water and relax for the night
  • I'm electing to have surgery sometime this month and that is exactly where I experience the pain.
  • edited June 2013
    @perly , @PaulJrsmommy , @mommyof3girls that's a huge relief. Thanks girls so much. Ill talk to my doctor tomorrow. And update you guys.

@Mijita oh wow. I didn't know. That's horrible.
  • I'm so mad right now i called my doctor to ask if everything is okay with me because nothing is helping and I'm getting chills followed by nausea. Apparently their hotline don't have any medically trained people.. are you for real??
  • Then i called the hospital and they said its illegal for them to give me advice over the phone and they can't even tell me if its worth going in. I hate people. I just want to cry this pain sucks and its lasting so long.
  • I don't have any advice but I've called our hotline before an all they sed was I could come in I was like wtf really !? Lol its dumb
  • They don't give advice like that over the phone bc, if they do and something bad happens you can sue them. If your worried go to the ER.
  • @ashley_smashley is right. Just drink a lot of water and relax. I know its easier said than done, but unless you go to the ER there's really no advice anyone can give you. If you relax a little bit, you might be able to control/ handle the pain a little better until tomorrow.
  • I agree it's very normal for them to not give advicemainly bc most well sue as soon as something happens even if there's no proof its relatated. Just don't think the worst try relax keep drinking fluids hopefully it will be better soon!
  • @Mrz_Jackson it really irritated me. They should make a ob office open 24/7.

@ashley_smashley do you think I'd be too early to go in?

@perly & @Jules I've been doing,that for hours its not helping :'( I'm going through this for about 5-6 hours.
  • I can almost guarantee you are having a gallbladder attack. The pain feels like it's right in your stomach and it feels like an ulcer eating through the lining. Some people experience shoulder pain ,I don't. The nausea is part of the symptoms of it. If the pain finally disappears as soon as it came in, you can almost most definitely say it's the gallbladder.

Providing medical advice over the phone is unethical and becomes a liability for health professionals. They do not have your medical history, nor can they properly judge symptoms with any accuracy -- says the lady who is telling you it's the gallbladder. Lol. I swear it sounds like what I'm going through, and I recently miscarried and had more flare-ups while pregnant.
  • Gallbladder attacks can last from 15 minutes to 18 hours! :-(
  • Oh no @Mijita :'( that's so horrible. ! Both my parents have gallbladder problems ill go get it checked out asap.
  • edited June 2013
    Let me clarify that I didn't miscarry because of the gallbladder, I merely wanted to express they got worse while pregnant.

I hope I didn't scare you. Sorry.
  • Well if that's not helping I would for sure seek help as soon as possible it doesn't hurt to be safe then sorry. Hope it can be easily fixed whatever it is. Wish I was more help but will be praying for you for sure! Keep me updated please.
  • Hope everything's okay! Keep us updated!!
  • If she had a gallbladder attack she would be doubled over crying in pain. Are you doing that? It usually is located in yiur right upper abdomen. I thought it was a contraction in third trimester but it was an attack. Have yiu eaten anything greasy a few hours to 30. Mins before it happened? They will do an ultrasound to see if you have gallstones
  • I hate to tell you but u r way too early along for the ER to really help w much besides pain management if u were having a miscarriage. W gallbladder attacks... Everyone feels em different. You'll just have to be seen to find out what's going on. Bloating is an early preg symptom.. Hopefully it's just something simple like that.
  • it sounds like a gallbladder attack to me too. I had mine out a couple years ago and it was almost exactly what you're describing. @pauljrsmommy when I first started getting my attacks they were not as severe as they were at the end by the time I got my surgery
  • @jojosmomma everyone's pain is different depending on how many gallstones and the size of them.
  • Exactly. I just don't want her to discount it because you said that she should be in more severe pain is all. @pauljrsmommy
  • Update #1

@Mijita
    @perly
    @PaulJrsmommy
    @mommyof3girls
    @mrz_Jackson
    @Jules
    @ashley_smashley
    @mommy2b123
    @Jojosmomma

So i couldn't take the pain anymore last night and decided to go in the ER. We were there for hours and they gave me alot of tests. They gave me zofran because i couldn't stop *tmi* throwing up and had a major diarriah (sp?) The pain got so bad i agreed to take a loratab and that barely helped. (Anyone who knows me knows i won't even take tylenol while pregnant because I'm so paranoid but wow this pain was bad.) Anyways they took an ultrasound and said the baby is measuring 2-3 weeks and my beta levels were low. If the levels don't double within two days i have an abnormal pregnancy. They didn't know what the abdominal pain was (typical shitty doctors.) The crazy thing is I'm supposed to be 5 weeks and 5 days :( and when i looked on the ultrasound it looked like a bean with a small dot to the left of its (soon to be) chest. Which i thought was maybe the heart. Maybe I'm just crazy but that's what it looked to me. The doctors said all he seen was a bubble, but i didn't just see a bubble. They also did a vaginal ultrasound and said the same. I don't know what to think. The abdominal pain stopped today. I've been up for two hours and haven't felt it (thank god.) I pray i don't feel it again. I'm happy the pain is not related to the baby though. I have a doctors appt today at 3:00pm (pacific time?) with my ob so I'm going to talk to her about it. The thing that scares me is that the lines on the pregnancy test i took are super light. Even the day after the color didn't change, i had to break open the tests to see it. Please pray that I'm just too early and nothing is wrong with my precious baby. Ill update you guys after my doctors appt. Btw thank you guys. I don't know what I'd do without all of you.
  • I'm also thinking maybe the pain has something to do with the fact that i pick up my 21lb daughter all the time and I'm constantly cleaning or bending. Maybe i just need to relax and take it easy. Its just so hard when i have so much to take care of throughout the day. On a brighter note my daughter gives her brother / sister a big hug and kiss everytime she wakes up and goes to sleep. She'll even fall asleep holding my tummy :') . She also bends down for me and picks things off the floor and hands it to me when i ask. Maybe ill just have her help me some more. She loves to do things and feels accomplished :)
  • I hope your just earlier then you thought and possibly ovulated later. Hope the ob can have some good news for you today. Glad the pain went away that's good sign!