Head cold/Sinus problems

edited June 2013 in Health
I got sick a week ago. The sinus pressure was unbearable for 3 days & I think I had a slight fever, also a sore throat. Well now the sore throat & headache & pressure is gone, but I can't get rid of the congestion in my sinuses. I've had to use Afrin a couple times a day just to breathe & especially to sleep. What else can I do or take? I've thought about a sinus rinse (like a neti pot), but the thought of doing it scares me. Help!

Comments

• That happens to me all the time. It actually happened to me when i was pregnant. My doctor told me to use the neti pot of just buy a pure saline nasal spray and use that, but that's about it. The neti pot is not bad at all. I don't know if you kinda wash your face and blow your nose while in the shower (i do when im congested), well if you do, it feels just like that.
    I know what it feels like to be congested like that, use the neti pot, it will definitely help.
  • edited June 2013
    The neti pot is totally weird at first, but you'll get used to it and it really helps!
  • Try those breathe right strips. My husband has sinus issues and snores and they work really well.