implantation bleeding?

edited June 2013 in First Trimester
So im 7 weeks 5 days and I had my 1st sono today, an internal one. She showed us that you could see some implantation bleeding..I thought it happened earlier in the pregnancy, has anyone else had this happen at almost 8 weeks? Ive never even had any blood come out but there are random times when I can feel a little pain where she told me it would be...is this normal? Im just looking for some advice or someone thats been through this to ease my mind, Ive had a miscarriage before so im kinda freaking out

Comments

• Implantation bleeding happens when the egg buries itself into the uterine lining. I have never heard of it happening any further than that, especially not at 8 weeks. Usually happens before a positive pregnancy test.
  • Thats what i thought..unless what i do each day is not letting it heal? Idk but i didnt think about this until after i left my appointment..they did tell me no lifting over 15lbs now so if i keep feeling the pain im calling them!
  • My son is almost 30lbs, this is going to be hard :-/
  • Well it could be the international bleeding if it was something to worry about they would have told you. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • Vaginal ultrasounds can cause a little bleeding from busted blood vessels. Im had some mild cramping after but not lasting more than a couple hours. My first pregnancy I had spotting at 6 weeks and was told it was implantation.
  • I'm wondering if maybe it's old blood or maybe bleeding from the placenta. Implantation bleeding would be minimal and the bleeding from that (which shouldn't be happening now) wouldn't be harmful. Usually it shows up as a slight pink tint on the toilet paper.
  • Thanks guys. Im thinking its not much because i haven't had any tint of pink or anything on my toilet paper. Just freaked me out that i realized i feel twinges where its at when i do certain things. I just need to take it easy.
  • They said I had that at a 5 week ultrasound, then it was a little worse at a 7 week ultrasound. I never had any spotting with it, it was just internal from implantation & where the placenta was implanting. At my 20 week ultrasound it was gone. I just tried to take it easy & no heavy lifting until it healed.