can i eat sushi while breastfeeding?

edited June 2013 in Breastfeeding
???????

Comments

• For sure. I do! ;)
  • Sushi sounds awesome.
  • I've been trying to figure this out also and Ive read different things. First, I read as long as it's cooked it's fine, but then I read that it's not because it's cut on the same board as the raw. Then I read that in Japan raw sushi is actually considered a healthy part of a pregnant woman's diet. So I'm not really sure. I only like the cooked sushi, but Im not sure if I should eat. I know I want it though!
  • I missed the part about breast feeding and thought you were talking about while prego.
  • Ive heard its not safe because of it being raw, mercury levels blah blah. But Asian women eat it so why cant we. I ate it with both my pregnancies and they were both healthy.
  • I don't see a problem with it in moderation. I ate some last pregnancy and have once so far with this one and will again. Try to avoid the raw stuff as a lot of sushi is cooked. Enjoy.
  • I've heard asian women can eat it because they grow up eating like that so they have a tolerance built up, but I just wonder if in the U.S. our fish is not as high quality. Idk, I don't like sushi myself though! Lol
  • Lol I like it just have to becareful it don't contain shellfish. I didn't know I was allergic to shellfish until last summer. I
    The hives were horrible I hated it. I stick to eating tuna. That's the only fish I will eat. Not much of a fish eater lol