2nd baby!!

We are going to start trying for baby #2 in the next few months and oh em gee I am a nervous wreck/so excited. My daughter Tessa will be 2 in August so if i concieve as fast as i did the first time they will be around 3yrs apart. For those of you with more than one, was the transition from one to two difficult? Was there any jealousy from the older child? Tell me EVERYTHING. lol ;)

Comments

• Also, I feel guilty for even thinking about another baby, like I'm cheating on Tessa. I know that sounds ridiculous but she is my #1 girl lol. Did anyone else feel like that?
  • Connor was 3 1/2 when i had Jack. He did great and was super excited about a new baby. If anyones jealous, it's Jack! He hates Connor being anywhere near me. Lol
  • I did/do feel bad sometimes about having another baby. Me and connor never have any time together anymore.
  • @sands3 Oh no :( I worry about that too. I work part time too so I know it's going to be a balancing act. Do you have any family that could take Jack for a bit so you can spend time with Connor? I am very lucky that my mom is so involved in Tessa's life. She already offered to take her so we can spend time with the new baby and vice versa. Lol I feel like I am getting so ahead of myself but I am an over thinker by nature.
  • My family lives 3 hours away. We are moving back soon so I'll have my parents or my in laws to watch Jack
  • The transition from one to two was reat easy for me (mine are 11 months apart). They are on different schedules (feeding, naps, bedtime) so I wasn't having to do two things at once. I could still have one on on time with both. Neither of my kids has ever been jealous of the other. The oldest is such a protective little mama over her baby brother.

Good luck!!
  • My babies r 19 months apart my oldest is jealouse of her brother sometimes but as long as she gets the attention she's happy she loves him I love how close they are getting out the door takes longer now lol but its fun good luck and baby dust ur way
  • And yes I did feel like I was betraying my daughter but ur heart is big enough to love all ur kids the same
  • The day I found out I was pregnant with my second I felt the exact same way, like I was "cheating" on my son. I think I actually used those words exactly lol but the feeling gradually goes away. I am worried with how he will act once his brother is here though. :(
  • I think your feelings are totally normal! I always wondered how in the world I could love another baby like my first, but after he was born I couldn't put him down! :X

As far as jealousy....mine were 3.5 years apart & the oldest was a girl, youngest a boy. At first I thought they we doing great, but at 3 days old I heard the baby screaming in pain. I ran into the room & there were teeth marks right on his little newborn head! They both pretty much never got along again until they were adults! Lol

However, some other siblings here have loved each other to death, so I'd say it totally depends on personality.

Now, remember when you were pregnant with your first? You didn't know how in the world you were gonna do it, if you were gonna be a good mom & if you could raise another human being. Well, now it's like second nature, right? That's how it'll be adjusting to two....you just learn as you go & before you know it, you couldn't imagine life any other way! :)

People always wonder how I do it with so many kids, but it's just like I said, God only gave me one at a time & each baby brings a time of adjustment to where it finally seems just normal. If I got them all at once I'd probably die! Lol

Sorry to write a book, but I think it's so exciting! Congrats &
    I hope you conceive quickly! :)
  • Well I'm pregnant with number two and i wonder how in the world can i love anyone else more than i love my baby girl. Which I'm sure i have enough love to go around I'm just nervous about me not spending enough time with her. :( I know it will all fall into place :)