Try out the new forum

edited June 2013 in About App & Forum
Two weeks ago we tried out a potential successor for the current forum software. However, the comments were clear. It was too buggy and not very user friendly.

Today we have a second try with another potential successor. Have a look at http://www.pregly.com/community !

Things to try:
- make an account
- upload a profile photo
- add a status
- add a friend
- create a discussion
- like a discussion

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

p.s. you'll have to make a new account, it will not recognize your current password

Comments

• I like it! Very user friendly. I could get used to it. Just one question, will it always only allow us to post 8 times per day, or will we be able to post more once we are more notable?
  • I like it also !
  • I like it, but I'm with @fate with posting only 8 times! Why is that? It also applies towards comments too...? @martin
  • edited June 2013
    thanks!

@fate @starlilly you now can post more than 8 times as a newbie, I changed that setting.
  • I like it, looks simple to use.
  • I like it a lot better! Will this available for an app on android phones?
  • I think it's very simple to use which is great! I'm confused why the form now has to change at all. I think what was done originally was very good I just hope your not putting too much time into it bc u did great job in first place and even new things have been added thank you for that!
  • i sign up my new name is loves2blessings
  • I like the way the forum is now but i can get used to the new one too...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thanks everybody

@jules

The new forum will allow to open up again for new members.

The reason why the current forum is closed for registration is that it does not have enough tools to manage with trolls and other problem causers. Just before registration was closed it was like a day job to deal with all the problems.

The new forum is armed with tools that make it easier for moderators to do their jobs.
  • I really like it! I'm just not so sure how to change my birthday and such.
  • edited June 2013
    It won't let me upload a profile picture? :/
  • It wont let me sign in using my email and password that I always use for this forum.. is it the same login info or do I need to create a new account?
  • I see well how come those tools can't just be added to how the form is set up now?.
  • @martin it won't let me into the toddler form it tells me I'm not eligible.
  • @adriens_mommy You have to make a new account. I just made one with the same name & password as here.
  • edited June 2013
  • @jules the current forum can be 'upgraded' to a 'pro' version, which has all the moderating features needed. However... it costs $549 a month :-( Which is much more (I mean *much* more) than the other software costs that we're currently trying out.
  • @stella if you try again, does it work now?
  • @martin yes it works now thank you :X
  • Should I give up asking anything? @martin I've asked two things and you answer everyone elses question.
  • @pauljrsmommy sorry for that, thanks for the reminder! here you go

1. new forum as app for android phone: yes, in time it will replace the current forum and will be part of the Pregly app.
    2. not being able to upload photo: do you use your android phone? does it say anything? are you using wifi? there is a maximum of 5mb for the photo, which is quite generous. if not using wifi it might take a while to upload. when using iPad or iPhone it will not work as the browser will not allow uploading.
  • I see well I just started an account I the new form I'm trying figure out how to do the picture for profile after I save it still nothing there. And how to change from New member to original?
  • @jules

1. becoming a member of the Pregly Originals group; that's something I do :-)
    2. profile photo; are you on a pc or on your phone?
  • I made an account and got the email but it won't let me sign in it keeps telling me the password or username is wrong. I've tried resetting the password and it tells me my account is locked for 13 mins and then still wont let me sign in. ??
  • edited June 2013
    Yes I am using wifi. Its always on. I have a samsung galaxy s3 (android) never had problems before. It loads and brings me back to the same page. I've tried different pictures multiple times and it wont load. @martin
  • Oh ok. And u was on my tablet doing it all.
  • It will not let me sign in with my current username and password. Do I have to create a new one?