Sever Diaper Rash! HELP!!!!!!

edited June 2013 in Babies
So my daughter is 14 months and never had a diaper rash. Well we went and played at the beach the day before yesterday, and she ate sand. Now she is poop is sandy, and burning her crack as I comes out. What is the best thing to put on it. I have to wash her butt in the shower every time she goes potty cause she screams. It gets it cleaner faster with out as much of a fight. I started using coconut oil this morning and putting her big girls on her so her butt can air out.

My ? Is there something better I could be using?

Comments

• Cornstarch baths work great and desitin (blue and white label). Try washing her butt every time she wets her diaper and apply desitin every time. If it doesn't get better in a day, could be a yeast rash. Try not to use cornstarch until you know what type of rash it is (cornstarch makes yeast rash worst).
  • I use coconut oil too, it works the best for us
  • I was going to say coconut oil also that's what we use. Hope something starts to help quickly.
  • If it doesn't clear up, it may be yeast. Antifungal cream (athlete's foot cream) with A&D ointment will clear it up fast!
  • Could it be yeast from the sand??
  • Here butt is still a bit pink, but she seems all better today :)
  • That's good!