spotting - UPDATE @ bottom

Well after a good ultrasound last Friday where we got to see the baby at 6 weeks and hear the heartbeat, today Ive had some spotting. I called the doctor's office and the doctor, not my normal ob, wants me to monitor the bleeding and call if it gets heavy or I have cramping.
I only had the spotting this afternoon - I wiped three times and it was there the first two wipes. It was red and part of the mucus (not streaks). I havent since. My other concern is that for the last couple weeks Ive been exhausted - barely able to keep my eyes open - but yesterday and today I havent been. Ive not really been tired at all. I havent really had any other pregnancy symptoms to compare.
This is my 5th pregnancy. In 2007 I had a miscarriage - spotting at 6 weeks followed with normal ultrasound (heartbeat too) normal appt at 8 weeks, no heartbeat at 12 - baby was only 8 weeks. In 2009 I had an ectopic and lost my right tube. In 2011 I had a beautiful baby girl. In January I had a blighted ovum followed by a d&c in February at 10 weeks.
With all the troubles Ive had Im so upset the dr wouldnt bring me in to either give me peace of mind or a definitive answer. Instead he wants me to wait a week until my next appt.
Im so upset. I dont get to be excited about being pregnant because Im always waiting for the bad news. I.know how blessed I am to have my daughter, but Im so tired of failed pregnancies.
Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Awww don't let yourself be blue. It could be normal I had spotting at that time too. Take it one day at a time.
  • I'm sorry that's very hard. Do you think what u saw earlier was similar to when u had miscarriage before or was it just tinny bit? I'm sure you already know from experience about the cramping and bleeping getting heavier. Do u think it could be from sex? With my first I had light bleeding only while wipping and it just end up being from sex. Hope everything is ok I'll be keeping you in my prayers for healthy pregnancy!
  • I completely understand you. I had a second trimester loss my first pregnancy. Then my second pregnancy i had spotting at around 14wks for over a week and immediately thought i was going to lose the baby again. Thank God, the spotting stopped and i now have a baby boy.

Try to stay calm and just take a day at a time. I know its very hard. It took a lot strength and energy from me to keep my cool, but its possible. I'll keep you in my prayers :)
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks @doodles @jules @perly. I had more spotting this morning when I went to tbe bathroom. This time it was brown but there was more than yesterday. It is like a colored mucus. It isnt from sex because Ive been too exhausted to even think about sex. It's been over a week and my ultrasound has been too so it's not from either of those.
    I had spotting with my first miscarriage and with my daughter, but it was just a little bit. With my most recent mc I already knew it was a blighted ovum before I started spotting.
  • I see it could be just regular pregnancy things happening in there and the blood from it came down with some people it does that especially since it was brown today I think that's good sign :)
  • I had morr red spotting this morning. The docotr I like is bringing me in for an ultrasound and appointment this afternoon.
  • My ultrasound was good. I am 6 weeks and 6 days. The baby is measuring right on. The heart rate was 145. My cervix was closed and she didnt see any blood.
    Doctor has started me on progesterone and I have a follow up next Wednesday.
    I am still spotting. In fact, tonight I had bright red colored mucus.

Does anyone have experience with taking progesterone early in pregnancy? Ive never gone this route. He hasnt checked my progesterone either so we dont even know if this is the problem.

Hope this works.
  • I took it this current pregnancy until 12 weeks due to previous miscarriages & my level was a little low. So far so good, I'm 22 weeks now. It made me sick to my stomach so I took it right before falling asleep. Hopefully it will help, spotting is very scary. I'm glad everything looked good on the ultrasound for you!
  • edited June 2013
    I spotted with my first off and on for three weeks, never red but brown and pink and he is now a healthy 21 month old. Best thing to do is not stress as stress isn't good for you or baby. I haven't had to take it early in pregnancy I will have to starting at 16 weeks due to premature labor but it can only be beneficial. Good luck and prayers all ends up well.
  • Thanks @wilsomom and @jessibear. I guess he has prescribed it because of my history on top of the spotting. I was surprised that he didnt want to test my levels. I hope it doesnt cause me to have too much.
  • Well glad everything looks great with the baby, weird that there's no explanation though but sounds like your doc is just trying be safe then sorry which is great I hope that really helps with the spotting and everything!