S/O hasn't quite got the concept of a baby shower.

edited June 2013 in Baby showers
S/O hasn't quite got the concept of a baby shower. For some reason hre thought everybody was supposed to buy everything for baby. He thought that they were supposed to buy the crib/pack n play, the stroller, and the car seat, along with diapers and other things. I think he started to realize they didn't when he saw a picture of his friends girlfriend baby shower and all she got with pretty much diapers, wipes, blankets, pacifiers and all that jazz. I also had to explain it to him that the gifts people give us are really just necessities like bibs, blankets, wipes, diapers, pacifiers, some clothes and etc. Not the things that we are supposed to buy ourselves, unless someone offers to buy it. Poor thing.

Comments

• For both our babies we got the big ticket items like crib, stroller, (double stroller this time), carseat, pack and play, high chair. It just depends on your family and friends but you should put them on your registry to in case.
  • @ExcitedForOctober: We have everything on the registry. I'm not worried about anything and neither is he. It's just funny how he thought the guest were supposed to buy everything.
  • My husband thought the same thing lol. Either way i had it good because my mom's boyfriend offered to buy me the pack and play and i got enough money at the babyshower to buy the stroller and carseat and even a baby rocker. But besides that, most of my gifts were clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes and burp cloths.
  • That's funny but we got a lot of big stuff at our shower for our first like crib, stroller set its jogging stroller, high chair, and got little stuff too. This time since we're having another girl and so close in age I didn't have to register for much big stuff so thats gonna be fun to her some little cute stuff rather then just what we need.
  • @perly: My mom wants to by the pack n play, I showed her which one I wanted. We're goinh to buy the stroller and carseat because I like the one we picked out and it's gender neutral. My family is known to buy gender specific items even when you tell them to buy "mostly" gender neutral items just incase we have another child that might be the opposite sex. Poor S/O and your husband.

@jules: I tried so hard not to laugh at him.

• This one is mine.
    http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130429_180500_zps2119010e.jpg
    I bought it online from Burlington. I saw it at the store first and then just went online and bought it. Its not fancy but its light weight and it does its job. I personally love it :)
  • @perly: That is cute. I want the City Mini GT, but it cost too much, so we're getting a similar one that much more affordable and as for carseat we're getting the Keyfit by Chicco.