Essure permenant birth Control

Have any of you preglies had or know someone that has had this procedure done? Any side effects? I Might consider this instead of having my tubes tied.

Comments

• @mama_kat just recently had it done and confirmed. If I'm not mistaken she didn't have negative feedback about it. I may have missed it if she had.
  • I am having that done at my 6 week pp checkup. Since I didn't have a c section that is what my Medicaid will pay for. My ob sounds optimistic about it so we will see
  • Please keep me updated. @adriens_mommy
  • My dr is wanting me to get it done but idk about having foreign objects in me. Did not have luck with iud
  • I sure will :)
  • @mommyof1g1b I know! The thought of foreign objects in me makes me nervous. My skin is super delicate so I can only imagine what the inside of my body is like.
  • Have you gone online to get more info about it? There's a video on YouTube that shows you the procedure. It was pretty interesting. I might look into that whenever im done having babies.
  • edited July 2013
    @perly yes, I have. Mostly pictures of the procedure. I'll YouTube it, thanks!
  • She is rarely on here but @tishj330 and I tink @eeyore both have it. So does @mama_kat bu she is no longer here but I know she reads.
  • Thanks @luvmy5 hopefully one of them.give back some feedback.
  • edited July 2013
    From @mama_kat
    Hey! Tell her that the foreign object thing scared the crap out of me too. I could feel them for.a few weeks but that feeling faded off. My biggest complaint was with the depo I had to cover me until my confirmation. lol She can ask to be put under for.the procedure & it doesn't really hurt after. The follow up hurts a little because they have to place a catheter inside your cervix & squirt the dye into your uterus but it stops hurting after a few hours :-)
  • Absolutely!!!