So frustrated! Update!

So frustrated I can cry! My husband and I have been looking for a house over the past 6 months and no luck. The first 3 months were wasted with this joke of a REALTOR that we hired. Seriously missed out on great homes due to her incompetence! We fired her and hired an awesome REALTOR. Unfortunately house prices jumped 20% here in Southern CA and interest rates are going up. Making them out of my reach! Not to mention there isn't a big inventory...Ahhh! I need to get into something before baby #2 is born or else we have to rent. Please send luck and prayers my way!

Update!:Thank you ladies for all your positive thoughts and prayers. I'm happy to announced that we got a house! Not official until escrow closes but couldn't be happier. :)

Comments

• Prayers n lots of luck! TRY not to stress. Easier said then done. Where abouts a do u live? I'm from socal as well
  • @adri805 Thank you! I just want a stable enviorment and with renting comes a lot of moving.

I live in the Santa Clarita Valley (next to Magic Mountain), you?
  • Oh no that really sucks hope it works out well and soon for you guys that's always such stressful situation I'm sorry :( will be praying for you guys.
  • That's totally understandable. Santa Barbara...my sister lives in canyon country!!
  • Thank you @Jules

I love Santa Barbara! Such an awesome town. I'm currently living in Canyon Country! What a small world @adri805
  • I'm in socal too, but in the san Gabriel valley area. We want to get a bigger house but we are still upside down on this mortgage & lenders require that you can afford both house payments even if we were to rent this house out. My house is only 1100 sq ft & 3 bedrooms. We need more space.

Hope you find something soon, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • Well if things keep going the way they are I'm sure you won't be upside down for long. House prices are sky rocketing! Thanks! I hope I find something soon too :) @2ndtimearound
  • Good luck!! Our dream is to live in So Cal, its so beautiful out there but we know how expensive it is...maybe one day!
  • Thanks @excitedforoctober Where do you live now?
  • Good luck, I hope you find one soon. I'm in No Ca and the homes here are going up as well. I know So Ca is more expensive than here though. Buying a home is so stressful when we were looking for a home we were outbid by investors at least 10 times! Hang in there:)
  • edited July 2013
    Chicago
  • Thank you! @juliansmommy I'm trying not to stress. Hopefully something pops up soon.
  • @excitedforoctober Burrr...it's cold there! I here it's nice. Hopefully you make it out.
  • Aw I'm sorry. House hunting is stressful. At least if you end up having to rent for a year, you will have all that time to find your dream house, instead of possibly rushing into something and settling for less.
  • @monkey_girl it does get cold in the winter and really hot in the summer!
  • @starrxoxo9 thank you! We're thinking about buying a townhouse in a centrally located area so we can rent it out later on. No more houses for us. :(
  • I'd freeze! I think 60 degrees is freezing! Lol! :D @excitedforoctober
  • We are in the same boat. Except I'm not pregnant. I found my dream house but it was a short sale before we made an offer I made sure the sellers were approved by the bank to short sale their house and my realtor said yes she made sure with their realtor as well. We waites two months with no answers so I asked again are you sure they are aporoved to short sale and they said yes again we waited another 2 months with still no answer and passing up other great deals bc I thought this was a for sure thing. Well over 4 months of waiting we hear back that they are NOT approved to short sale. So we had to walk away. But now rate have gone up almost a whole point :( and the market seems to be going up....its so stressful but I'm sure it will all work out good luck!
  • edited July 2013
    @G&;EsMama I would be livid! If I could Sue my old REALTOR I would. Houses have literally gone up 100k! Thanks, I need all the luck I can get. Good luck to you too!
  • Oh my goodness you would die in our below 0 weather! Lol
  • Yeay! Glad its all working out. Where in so cal is it? Hopefully the escrow co doesn't take long and u guys can be in the home soon!
  • @jules Thank you! It's in Santa Clarita. I'm hoping it doesn't take long either. We're super excited!
  • Oh ok we just recently moved from Temecula after being there our entire life pretty much not too far from where ur at. It shouldn't take long unless something is up.
  • @jules I love Temecula! I used to own a house in Menifee. Where do you live now? Yeah, supposedly it will take 28 days to close (crossing my fingers).
  • Well we decided to change things up and be closer to family so my husband took great job offer in central California, his paramedic and gonna do a PA program up here so worked out perfectly! We still go down to Temecula all the time but like it here as well. Plus we love the new house :)... I hope it all works out for you, 28 days seems like long time.
  • Awe, good for you both! Thanks, it doesn't for me. I have lot's to get done before this baby gets here. :) @Jules
  • Ya im sure thats hard to be moving and being pregnant because its like u want to do all these stuff but theres just things our bodies can't handle right now. Thats why we waited until right after the move thank god it literally was week later after being in new home cause its hard to wait. When are u do? :)